SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front bumper has become very loose and moves up an down. It does not appear to have too many attachment points. Car has never been wrecked! The are holes just under radiator where it appears to attach to matching 1/2" holes in steel bumper. Should very large clips go in those holes? Or is something more simple as the backer foam fell out?

Please help steer me in the right direction!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess Saab forums don't have the same strength of followers as Benz forums. :cry: On a positive note, my Saab was $14k less than similar Benz model (i traded a old benz for Saab, it was too expensive to get back into a Benz).

Anyways, i purchased eight large steel washers, 4 bolts, and 4 nuts. I then bolted the plastic at bottom of bumper below radiator to the steel bumper bar. The bumper now no longer moves and the sides near fender no longer pop out. At some point in time, whatever was there had been removed by previous owner between 0 and 50k miles. None of the part diagrams online showed bolts or hardware in this location. ;ol;

·
Registered
507 Posts
i saw your not but have no exp. taking the bumper off so I didn't respond ... I suspect that may be like the rest of us ... we can't help 'cuz never done it LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts