SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some feedback on what tires you guys have on your 9-7 and how you like them. Handling on dry roads/snow/ice, noise, comfort, etc. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1,507 Posts
I’ll have to really tap into my memory banks on this one since it’s been a while since I‘ve owned my 9-7X...! I believe the OEM tires were Dunlap Sport that were not bad. I went with Bridgestone Dueler Alenza as replacements and those worked out well too. I had to always buy M+S tires with the crappy New England winters, of course...

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
For whatever it's worth, I just replaced the tires on my Suburban with Nokian Rotiiva HT tires.... it's a 90% 3-season truck, with 2% dirt roads (camping) and 8% snow truck.. so I was primarily looking for dry/wet highway use but didn't want to feel completely incapable in the snow for those few trips a year. I've nothing but good experiences with Nokian tires, the price point was excellent, and it checked the box of capable highway tire (LRR, silent sidewall), good rain performance (polished grooves, substantial siping) while still being M+S rated all season. With 4WD, that's good enough for Tahoe use without chains.

It's only been a month but I'm quite happy so far. They are very quiet, have handled our big rains without any issues, and feel comfortable and competent in the dry. I've only just touched snow, but it's a big heavy truck with 4WD... I'm sure they'll be fine..... TBH, even my Nokian summer tires have been decent in snow, which is terrifying. :) Still, when push comes to shove, I've got some real offroad tires on the Jeep. :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. JV, Nokian tires are not available in the 9-7x size (255/55/18) except for snow tires.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
Ah, bummer. Looks like the DWS06 is, which is intriguing. That's a superb tire in passenger car sizes... not sure how that translates to SUVs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts