SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just bought an '06 9-7x and I have been all over the net and I cant seem to find any programmers for it. the closest I have come is Bullydog that makes one for the 5.3l in the tahoe's, etc. My buddy works at a dealer that sells Bullydog but he dont have time to go check to see if it will work for sure on mine. He put one on his 04 Chevy 2500 with a 6.0l and has worked great for him. Other programmers i've noticed need the 8th digit in the VIN to be correct and the Saab does not have to correct one. ANY SUGGESTIONS???? Might just have to contact Bullydog to make sure it will work. Planning on installing a cold air intake in the future and an exhaust of some sort.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanx, i'll have to check that out. still no tuners yet...... have done an exhaust and cold air intake that really woke it up and helps with the gas mileage.... not to mention the bad***** sound.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I installed a K&N. I got one for a TBSS. I have a buddy that hooked me up with one. The exhaust on the other hand..... I just cut out the old restrictive muffler (the first one) and installed a glasspack. I tried a flowmaster and a dynomax. they sounded alright but really did not help as much as i thought they would with the gas mileage. the glasspack, despite what people may think about them, makes by far the most gain in horsepower, gas mileage, and it does have a nice deep tone (not unbaring like you would think it would be). I still am going to do a tune to it but no one around where I live has done many of these... or any for that matter. I just dont think im going to give my vehicle to someone that dont know a thing about them. I'll just check out HPTuners and EFILive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was checking out the HPTuners website and does anyone know what one i should go with? the VCM suite for a GM and what interface, the standrad or professional? and how many credits? i might want to tune a couple other vehicles if i can figure it out.

p.s. i'll be posting some pics soon of the intake and exhaust system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts