SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got news today that the 9.7X's are on their way to the dealerships. They left the port yesterday so expect to see them next week at your local dealer!! IT"S ABOUT TIME!!! YIPPEE!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Brewman013 said:
Just got news today that the 9.7X's are on their way to the dealerships. They left the port yesterday so expect to see them next week at your local dealer!! IT"S ABOUT TIME!!! YIPPEE!!
Port???? Aren't they being built alongside their platform-mates at the North American factory?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
Dude, I had that opinion before, just let it go and let it be. At least the 9-7X looks ok and like a Saab unlike Porsche's miserable attempt at the Cayenne. *shudder*
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,774 Posts
Ugh! Yet another bloated P.O.S. SUV on the market.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
185 Posts
does it come with a roll of TP

valbowski1980 said:
Ugh! (Yet another bloated P.O.S. SUV on the market.)
GM is one of the questionable masters of re-packaging and promoting old and/or cheaper vehicles to appeal to a market segment that actually believes the HYPE - cases in point - chevy cavalier = caddy cimmaron , opel = caddy catera , the caddy suv is really a chevy , and we have that Humm Job H 2 actually of Tahoe/Yukon lineage - a ride for emasculated little twits who believe a powerful ( their perception , not mine ) machine will somehow make up for the loveless upbringing they endured as pups - as expected most of them are leased not purchased - rent a better self image - you can't afford it any way -
maybe these people were dropped on their gourds during infancy. I have left the best for last - the SAABARU - a slick (slippery?) repackaging of a very impressive ( pun intended) japanese car that GM had absolutely nothing to do with during it's development ( there really is a GOD ! ). I could really go on at length - but i won't. I could mention the the Turd from down under - the GTO - PUSHROD engine and all - but I won't , how about the HUMM Job pickup - very impressive. If anybody has taken umbrage with this diatribe - good - maybe you will read the facts and come to your own informed opinion. Just because it looks like a SAAB - dude- doesn't make it one. Ed PS my appologies to the rock band " Men at Work" for the turd from down under crack. Ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,774 Posts
fuzzyE said:
...........
I raise my pint of dark beer (Sam Adams Black Lager as per Fuzzy's question) to you good sir. You got it right.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
185 Posts
Got Beer ?

What brand of beer? I know it will be a good one. Maybe a Becks Dark , perhaps a Bass ? , Sam Adams - always a good choice - Whitbread Ale or Sam Smiths old brewery pale ale will do. Maybe i'll just go to one of my local brew pubs - I've worked up a real thirst. Ed . PS my appologies to the dairy council for ripping off their " got milk" ad campaign. Ed . " Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy " Ben Franklin
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Unless you've driven a new Goat, I suggest you not be so inflammatory, it's a pretty damn nice car....not worth the price, but a nice car.

And that pushrod engine? I seem to recall that it's won the LeMans (not the ALMS, the REAL LeMans) in the Corvette C5R's a few times in recent history. Don't ge tme wrong, I love overhead cam engines, but there is nothing wrong with pushrods (I have an MGB with a B-Series 18V with pushrods...I'm fuel-injecting and turbocharging it)

As for the 97x, I'm not a big fan of any SUV's, but I hope it does ok...Saab needs every bit of help it can get.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,228 Posts
Agree. He can start off by un-bolding .........


8valvegrowl said:
Unless you've driven a new Goat, I suggest you not be so inflammatory, it's a pretty damn nice car....not worth the price, but a nice car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,774 Posts
The 9-7X, and others like it epitomizes almost everything that I hate about the auto industry these days. Instead of innovations, they peddle inefficient as well as dangerous behemoths to an often ignorant consumer who hasn't a clue about anything else except that it's big and shinny and that it gives them a sence of superiority over others since they sit higher.

I hope the 9-7X doesn't sell well at all and that they sit rusting on dealer lots. If GM won't let SAAB build proper cars then what's the point of SAAB existing at all?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry

Boy..I'm sorry I posted anything in here. For the good of Saab, I would think you would want the 9.7X to do well but I guess you old schoolers just can't except change huh? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
The problem isn't with SAAB or with GM. They will either succeed or fail based on whether they sell what customers want and make happy customers who tell their friends.

If you don't like what types of vehicles are being sold, then you eventually only can blame the consumer. There are sufficient choices that no one is forced to buy a SUV or a wagon or a sedan or a hatchback or a two-seater. While we may not agree with the choices that consumers make, calling them ignorant or stupid isn't accurate. Not everyone thinks alike or has the same set of priorities or values. People purchase vehicles with many different expectations. We SAABisti tend to share certain priorities that run counter to someone who, say, purchases a SUV. It doesn't mean the SUV purchaser is an "idiot" or is "stupid." While I have never owned a SUV nor do I intend to purchase one, I'm glad that the choice is available for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
Rob in Atlanta said:
The problem isn't with SAAB or with GM. They will either succeed or fail based on whether they sell what customers want and make happy customers who tell their friends.

If you don't like what types of vehicles are being sold, then you eventually only can blame the consumer. There are sufficient choices that no one is forced to buy a SUV or a wagon or a sedan or a hatchback or a two-seater. While we may not agree with the choices that consumers make, calling them ignorant or stupid isn't accurate. Not everyone thinks alike or has the same set of priorities or values. People purchase vehicles with many different expectations. We SAABisti tend to share certain priorities that run counter to someone who, say, purchases a SUV. It doesn't mean the SUV purchaser is an "idiot" or is "stupid." While I have never owned a SUV nor do I intend to purchase one, I'm glad that the choice is available for me.
Finally logic on the SUV debate. While I disagree with you on people being stupid and ignorant, as I think people who buy tend to be unaware of the dangers they pose.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,228 Posts
Well said, Rob :D Saab needs to provide more choices to consumers so they can survive and stay focused on what they do best.

Can you just imagine the heresy Saab traditionalists must have felt when Saab ditched the 2-stroker for the Ford V4 in the late 60's (sort of like when Saab gained the NG900's 2.5 V6, 9000's 3.0 V6, 9-5's 3.0t V6 and now 9-3 Aero's 2.8 V6T), or when the NG900 was introduced (OMG, it's an Opel Vectra !), or when the 9000 was introduced (OMG, it's an Alfa/Fiat/Lancia !)

Times change, and so must all automakers and Saab alike. Change, or die, as they say. I for one would like to see Saab stay alive.
 
G

·
I totally agree with SaabKen. Since Saab is a car company with a strong group of loyalists, any type of radical change will cause some uproar. The 9-7x isn't the first time something like this has happened, but it's one of the most significant products Saab has ever had. Many of us concede a Saab SUV was inevitable or even necessary, but we really wanted something truly Saab. After seeing the 9-7x and analyzing it for over a year, I think Saab and GM have done a pretty good job. There are a few things I would have changed, but for the most part, this is a good stopgap model and one that has the potential to really help Saab out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,228 Posts
Thanks dude, your check is in the mail ;)

Love GM or hate them, we all should give them credit for sticking it out with the red-inking SAAB for so long (since 1990). Hey, almost 1 in 2 marriages end in divorce within five years in the US. And an NHL coach would be lucky to last four to five years with a losing team. So there, let's think positive and give our support to GM and SAAB for all they're doing (and trying to do) .....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,774 Posts
Brewman013 said:
Boy..I'm sorry I posted anything in here. For the good of Saab, I would think you would want the 9.7X to do well but I guess you old schoolers just can't except change huh? :lol:
I loathe SUVs no matter if the badge says SAAB or Chevy, it has nothing to do with being an "old schooler" or not accepting change. SUVs are yet another chapter in the "bigger is better" mind **** also know as the American car buyer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
valbowski1980 said:
I loathe SUVs no matter if the badge says SAAB or Chevy, it has nothing to do with being an "old schooler" or not accepting change. SUVs are yet another chapter in the "bigger is better" mind **** also know as the American car buyer.
In all levity - I hereby award you the "H.L. Mencken Curmudgeon of the Year Award." :cheesy: :cheesy: My favorite quote of Mencken - "Democracy; the theory that the common people know what's good for them, and deserve to get it good and hard."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,774 Posts
Rob in Atlanta said:
In all levity - I hereby award you the "H.L. Mencken Curmudgeon of the Year Award." :cheesy: :cheesy: My favorite quote of Mencken - "Democracy; the theory that the common people know what's good for them, and deserve to get it good and hard."
I am so surprised, there were so many who were more deserving. I would like to thank the Academy, my publicist, and my loyal fans who stuck behind me all these years :cheesy:. This award will look great on my wall right next to the Johnny Rotten "**** off!" statuette.

As for being a Curmudgeon, I'm actually a pretty nice guy. There are a few thing that really piss me off though and SUVs are a big one.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top