SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all -

If you are looking for a 9-7x and your dealership doesn't have it yet, here is some information I was given by the Saab owner's hotline.

"800 trucks were shipped from the manufacturing plant during the week of June 20th."

The total production run of 2005 9-7xs was published to be 1,800-2,000 cars. So the majority are on the road right now getting delivered to dealers.

If you want one and can't find one locally and are willing to travel to get one, these vehicles are likely being allocated in larger quantities to the largest dealers nationally.

For example - Glassman Saab in Southfield Michigan, Saab of Troy in Troy Michigan, Saab of Santa Monica in So Cal, etc. As an example, there are now 20 9-7xs at Glassman Saab in Michigan according to their website at www.glassmanautogroup.com.

Hope this helps. I am a new 9-2x owner (love that car!) and I am trying to help a friend whose wife has a 9-3 to find a 9-7x so that he can test drive it.

A

·
0 Posts
Around the middle of May, I called about 6 dealers in California and Northern Nevada (Reno). 4 of them said "any day now", 1 of them said mid-July:eek:, and another one couldn't give me a date. Three of the dealers I contacted over a month ago have actually received a 9-7x. So the availability is pretty sparse over here. On Saab of Sherman Oaks' (LA) website, they claim to have 12 Arc models. When I was there, they had 2 Linears. When I was in Walnut Creek, CA, the dealer there had 2 Linears and was expecting 4 more Linears. So they have to be out there somewhere. Maybe Saab is giving more to dealers who had more people interested or dealers that sell more Saabs. In any case, it looks like some dealers aren't going to get any before MY2006.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have 5 available, they are so much fun to drive!

Please drive one before you bash it and say it's not a Saab. It rides like a Saab and handles like a Saab.

·
Registered
121 Posts
SaabSeller said:
We have 5 available, they are so much fun to drive!

Please drive one before you bash it and say it's not a Saab. It rides like a Saab and handles like a Saab.
Glad to read here and in other posts that they are being received well. Glad also, that the early comments by the engineering group regarding the handling and power seem to have been accurate.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Regarding the bling wheels on the 9-7 at Santa Monica, even Saab dealers can have absolutely no taste or class. You'd think they would know that most people who buy Saabs don't like tacky, pimpy vehicles.

A

·
0 Posts
I figured the Cadillac-Saab-Hummer dealers that already had the huge-and-ugly-*** wheels assumed since it was an SUV, they were obligatory. I think most customers will order them to have them removed.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I thought it looked pretty sharp; I've noticed that people on this board are pretty quick to attack someone's tastes. :nono; If people like it, they can buy it, if they don't, they don't.

A

·
0 Posts
OK, we're quick to attack subjective things such as vehicle appearance. All of our fears about truly hideous rebadged Saabs have made people on these forums quick to judge others' tastes. I just stated my first impression of the 9-7x with those wheels. I was shocked, others might not be.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Obviously this is my first post, and hopefully not my last.

I personally like the Saab 9-7x and my wife and I are trying to locate a black one with a moonroof. So far no luck.

Anyways, my wife likes the mid size SUV because it makes her feel more comfortable driving the back roads by us. We have a lot of blind corners and it just makes her feel happy. She currently drives an Eddie Baurer Explorer and the Saab is leaps and bounds above the quality of the Ex. and that's why we have decided on it. We drove the Marano SE (top of the line almost the same features), the Pacifica, another new Eddie Baurer, the Lexus RX330 and still came back to the Saab.

I guess I'm just saying that we both like the ride quality of the 9-7x and the refinement better than anything else close in price.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The Alchemist said:
Obviously this is my first post, and hopefully not my last.

I personally like the Saab 9-7x and my wife and I are trying to locate a black one with a moonroof. So far no luck.

Anyways, my wife likes the mid size SUV because it makes her feel more comfortable driving the back roads by us. We have a lot of blind corners and it just makes her feel happy. She currently drives an Eddie Baurer Explorer and the Saab is leaps and bounds above the quality of the Ex. and that's why we have decided on it. We drove the Marano SE (top of the line almost the same features), the Pacifica, another new Eddie Baurer, the Lexus RX330 and still came back to the Saab.

I guess I'm just saying that we both like the ride quality of the 9-7x and the refinement better than anything else close in price.
Did you check at P & W Saab in Pittsburgh? I'm not sure how far away you are from there but they had a 9.7X Linear in black with a sunroof as of yesterday. Their phone number is 412-682-0788. Talk to Joe Cusack.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Brewman013 said:
Did you check at P & W Saab in Pittsburgh? I'm not sure how far away you are from there but they had a 9.7X Linear in black with a sunroof as of yesterday. Their phone number is 412-682-0788. Talk to Joe Cusack.
Thanks for the heads up. I called them and they did have one, the down side is they are a 6 hour drive for me since I'm just north of Philadelphia. I'm trying to work with my local dealer who I will be going to for service and maintenance, but they are working to slow.

I guess patience is a virtue that I am lacking.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The Alchemist said:
Thanks for the heads up. I called them and they did have one, the down side is they are a 6 hour drive for me since I'm just north of Philadelphia. I'm trying to work with my local dealer who I will be going to for service and maintenance, but they are working to slow.

I guess patience is a virtue that I am lacking.
I work at a dealer in Maryland and we purchased a Silver 9.7X from P & W
yesterday. I'm sure they would give your local dealer the Black one. Just depends on whether your dealer would charge you to get it from them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Brewman013 said:
I work at a dealer in Maryland and we purchased a Silver 9.7X from P & W
yesterday. I'm sure they would give your local dealer the Black one. Just depends on whether your dealer would charge you to get it from them.
Thanks for the heads up...

Our local dealer found a black linear with moonroof nearby in West Chester PA. It should be here sometime today. We should be driving it home tonight or tomorrow morning...

I will post up plenty of pics when I get it.

Hopefully we can get this board to come alive a little bit.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The Alchemist said:
Thanks for the heads up...

Our local dealer found a black linear with moonroof nearby in West Chester PA. It should be here sometime today. We should be driving it home tonight or tomorrow morning...

I will post up plenty of pics when I get it.

Hopefully we can get this board to come alive a little bit.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm sure you will enjoy it!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Brewman013 said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm sure you will enjoy it!!
We definitely love it... it is probably the best SUV I've driven and that's comparing it to Lexus, Acura, and BMW. The BWM was too cramped and tight feeling, especially the back doors and the Japanese imports felt too car like and didn't feel like they would retain their 'stiffness' over time.

I'll be claybarring it today or early this week and then I'll post up some pics.

·
Registered
157 Posts
captainstabbin said:
Did you buy it from Fred Beans in Doylestown???? And if you did was Mike Dogherty your sales man???
No, we bought it from "The Great Britians" in Willow Grove.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts