SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have trying to replacing turbochager yourself?
My9-5,eco 2.0t 2000year model,exaust getting white. I think oil is leaking in Turbocharger. I have to replace a Turbocharger.then saab dealer say "parts 1500$,work700$"!
so i think i will trying to replace turbochager myself reading haynes manual.is it possible to?

G

·
Its a bit of a tight space but if you are ok with cars and you have access to a ramp its not to difficult. More time consuming. :)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
And welcome to SaabCentral Win, our first Japanese member i suspect. :cool:

As Finn said if you do the replacement at the weekend there should be no problem, so long as you have the correct tools/facilities.

·
Registered
117 Posts
put in a new turbo this weekend myself. I agree with the guys, if youre OK with cars its not so difficult, but its very tight (I have cuts and bruises to prove it:) ). Take out the housing for the radiator-fans to make some better space, and use new copper washers for the oil- and waterleads for the turbo. Its also very important that everything is as clean as possible. You dont want to get dirt inside your new turbo!!!

Rocky

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks!

thanks Finn,Kermit,Rocky.

I will trying to replacing turbo unit and
throttlebody this weekend;) .
and ill reporting you ASAP!

thank you for your advices.
this is first time to post to this website,and
sorry about my bad english.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Nothing wrong with your English at all. Its a lot better than my Japanese thats for sure..sayanora (sp?):cheesy:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
95 4 CYLINDER TURBOCHARGER REPLACEMENT​

- Open the expansion tank cap to release the system pressure.
- Raise the car & Remove the lower front cover under the car
- Drain off the coolant & Remove the turbo brackets
- Loosen the return fitting and the pipe from the turbo to the block
- Loosen the oil pipe between the filter adapter and the turbo
- Lower the car to the floor & Remove the bypass valve & Unplug the connector from the control valve
- Disconnect the mass air flow sensor connector & Loosen the hoses to the turbo
- Remove the crankcase banjo bolt from the intake manifold and unscrew the bolt from the cam cover
- Move the pipe and wiring asid & Remove the engine lifting eye
- Remove the mass air flow sensor and air hose
- Remove the exhaust manifold heat shield by removing the nut and two clips from underneath
- Undo the intake manifold clamp at the turbo & remove the intake
- Disconnect the hose clip on the hose between the intercooler & turbo & plug it to keep something from falling in it
- Loosen the front exhaust system from the turbo & lower the front exhaust system away from the turbo (DO NOT BEND -THE FLEX HOSE)
- Remove the oil pipe from the oil filter adapter & grab the copper washers
- Loosen the coolant pipe by the turbo & grab the copper washers & loosen the coolant pipe bolt
- Remove the coolant return pipe from the cylinder head & pressure sensor bracket. Once again, Grab the copper washers
- Undo the coolant return pipe bolt by the turbo
- Undo the nuts securing the turbo to the exhaust manifold. (spray the nuts with WD40)
- Install in Reverse

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
postpone to replacement turbo

I tried to work this weekend,
conplete put new throtlebody,but turbochager is not yet.
i could not find the turbo brackets:cry: where? i look heyns manual book,to access the turbo brackets from underbody?

Dear Chris 9-5.
the pictures ,Xtreme Saab 9-5, is your car? super!cool!
it is greatfull if you reply my several questions.
your exaust is remus? i looking foword to more loudness sounds exaust.i have to change not only rear exaust but center exaust too?you change sheet to leather,is it dificult to
work?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
win said:
Dear Chris 9-5.
the pictures ,Xtreme Saab 9-5, is your car? super!cool!
it is greatfull if you reply my several questions.
your exaust is remus? i looking foword to more loudness sounds exaust.i have to change not only rear exaust but center exaust too?you change sheet to leather,is it dificult to
work?
Thanks yes she is mine! ;) (well mine and Mastercard's :roll: )

Ok the exhaust is a full 3" JT system with race catalytic converter and 3" downpipe from the manifold, its nice and rumbly but not too loud, it has a custom made stainless rear silencer which is quieter than the original 3" JT back box. http://www.partsforsaabs.com/product_info.php?cPath=104_279_281&products_id=1541

Changing from fabric to leather seats is easy, unless you buy electric ones, if your car has manual seats and you buy electric ones I would recommend having them fitted. If you are just swapping manual cloth ones for manual leather ones its a simple job! ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts