SaabCentral Forums banner

Create a 9-5NG Registry?

• Yes! This will be a great repository for owners.

Votes: 24 96.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but not right now. When they become rarer, perhaps.

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know other "rare" cars have a registry. Is anyone in this forum interested in starting one, or know of one? I believe with about 11,000 total production worldwide the 9-5NG qualifies as rare.

I can do the heavy lifting and maintenance in managing the site. I imagine as these cars get older and rarer, and depending on Saab's future, the registry would continue to grow. The advantage to starting off early is that most are still on the road today, so the potential for saying that you own "1 out of 16" of a particular color / option / engine combo is possible.
This is a very informative site, it gives the NG production numbers by trim and color for 2011.

https://www.esaabparts.com/saab/production/data/9-5_2010_2011.php

(I have 1 of 175 2010 Aeros in Black (named Darla) - maybe there are even fewer if some of them are either totaled or not on the road).

·
Registered
375 Posts
2011 Turbo4 (BioPower) Fjord Metallic Blue exterior, Bash interior. Mp3 player added only. 78k miles. Picked it up on Saturday. Plan on upgrading her options on her.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Proud owner of a 2011 AeroTurbo4 in Fjord Blue. Neutral leather with inserts in door card. 145000 miles on clock now. Turbo failure due to oil starvation (kink in pipe blamed) at 117000. Since then no real problems apart from parking. It is a big car to get into some carparks around where I live. Peterborough, U.K.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Proud owner of a 2011 AeroTurbo4 in Fjord Blue. Neutral leather with inserts in door card. 145000 miles on clock now. Turbo failure due to oil starvation (kink in pipe blamed) at 117000. Since then no real problems apart from parking. It is a big car to get into some carparks around where I live. Peterborough, U.K.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts