SaabCentral Forums banner

Create a 9-5NG Registry?

• Yes! This will be a great repository for owners.

Votes: 23 95.8%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but not right now. When they become rarer, perhaps.

Votes: 1 4.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know other "rare" cars have a registry. Is anyone in this forum interested in starting one, or know of one? I believe with about 11,000 total production worldwide the 9-5NG qualifies as rare.

I can do the heavy lifting and maintenance in managing the site. I imagine as these cars get older and rarer, and depending on Saab's future, the registry would continue to grow. The advantage to starting off early is that most are still on the road today, so the potential for saying that you own "1 out of 16" of a particular color / option / engine combo is possible.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not a bad idea. Mine is a 2010 Aero, 2.8 v6, Jet Black Metallic with grey interior. I think it was officialy called Shark Grey.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a bad idea. Mine is a 2010 Aero, 2.8 v6, Jet Black Metallic with grey interior. I think it was officialy called Shark Grey.
Very good. I'll keep this thread open for a little while; we need to get a little more momentum before getting it started.

Shark Grey, nice. Because everyone knows what color a shark is. :p

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So far we have... 7!

So, just 7 folks, eh? Where are all of the 9-5NG people? Or are they just not the forum type?

·
Registered
48 Posts
What we would need....

This kind of thing is better done by an 'Owners Club' I think. We would need some kind of centralized database to record the VIN, current and previous owners, photos of the car, maybe even service records. I know the Rolls Royce Owners Club does this. You can research any car on file, for a fee of course. With only 11,000 or so NG 9-5's in the US it could be a much smaller, volunteer operation. And as it appears that SAAB will never come back, we are the owners of this decade's Studebaker Avanti. The last great attempt of a decent car manufacturer that was on it's way out. I just hope there are enough 9-5's left around so that I can always drive one from now on. Love this car.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This kind of thing is better done by an 'Owners Club' I think.
That's the idea! An online "owner's club".

We would need some kind of centralized database to record the VIN, current and previous owners, photos of the car, maybe even service records.
Easy to do these days given the tools most domain hosts give. E.g., I can quickly and easily set this up. And I'm about to that point now that we have TEN 'yes' votes, woo!

You can research any car on file, for a fee of course.
We're not RR. Maybe non-members can search for a fee.

And as it appears that SAAB will never come back, we are the owners of this decade's Studebaker Avanti.
Ha! Kind of...

I just hope there are enough 9-5's left around so that I can always drive one from now on. Love this car.
It's all about finding replacement parts, as maintenance parts seem more readily available. I <3 mine, too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
So get to work...

Here is your second entry, assuming yours is the first.

2010 SAAB 9-5 Aero: VIN YSG3GR4BJ0A4001007
Jet Black Metallic - Shark Grey Interior
XWD with Navigation and Technology Package and 19 inch wheels
Manufactured in Oct. 2010
Current Mileage 50179
Steve Shriver - Pittsburgh PA (second owner).
Purchased from Rayco Eurospec Motorcars, Kingston PA, Feb. 7, 2014
Original purchaser unknown, in 2011.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i'm in. let me know what specs you would want to include

2010 9-5 Aero XWD
Arctic white exterior
tan interior (took me a couple years to find this color combo)

just turned 120k located in Columbus Ohio

1 - 20 of 26 Posts