SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to all,

I am about to buy 9-5 2007 Aero auto wagon with 160k km and I would like find out, what are my options concerning yearly maintenance works.

I checked out three local "official" SAAB services for yearly regular maintenance checks and they all say will cost around 120Gbp every 10k km, then when reaching 180k km 600Gbp and later on at 200k km nearly 1000Gbp.

So, I was wondering, can I service 9-5 after 160k km by myself, keeping records, following maintenance manual, yearly checklist, maybe with a help of local service, where ofcourse I will not get overcharged?
Is that possible, anyone does this? Where can I find regular maintenance checklists/ DIY manuals for y2007 9-5?

What is your experiencea and what would be the best way to maintain 9-5 without being overcharged?

P.s. For info, 600Gbp is average monthly salary over here ;) So its not so cheap to maintain any car at local official dealer services. I bought previous car in a saloon and I overpayed a lot while servicing it there.
After few years I started to service it in local service, where I had my chaps and it was okay. Tho' it wasnt a SAAB, but Mazda. Wonder if I can also service SAAB like this?

Thank you.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It's very possible provided you have a reliable shop. Keep all your receipts. I don't know how non-dealer service works with warranties (if your warranty is still active). The dealerships don't do anything other shops don't and don't do much you couldn't do yourself with a book and some tools. However, dealers usually charge way too much. Find a reputable shop or, best yet, get some tools and try doing some things yourself. You'll save the most that way. Regular services aren't not difficult to do.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's very possible provided you have a reliable shop. Keep all your receipts. I don't know how non-dealer service works with warranties (if your warranty is still active). The dealerships don't do anything other shops don't and don't do much you couldn't do yourself with a book and some tools. However, dealers usually charge way too much. Find a reputable shop or, best yet, get some tools and try doing some things yourself. You'll save the most that way. Regular services aren't not difficult to do.
Thats the problem with dealers.. they have to survive and there you get some big bills.

Yes, that would be excellent if I could accomplish regular maintenance myself.
Where can I find infos, practical DIY manuals and yearly or by covered kilometrage maintenace checklists for 2007y 9-5 aero auto combi?
I can also get some help from well known local shop in case there are some harder tasks to complete.

Warranty is noting to be worried about, it will be over soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts