SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, this is my first thread, first post. I own a 05 9-5 arc sedan and I'm in love with the car. The only problem, I like to accelerate, but the stock 2.3T just seems like it could do a lot better than it does. I'm tired of losing to mustang's, cobalt SS's, Srt4's, ect... Only beating the trashy cars :confused:

So, I have saved up some money, and me only being 16 and this being my first car luckily, I would like to throw some money into performance. My main wants are to make this 9-5 seem more like a street competitor... It is invisible to cops, which is good, but still, nobody else thinks that a saab is DTR. I looked at the sticky above and I couldn't find anything, been searching all over the web for exhaust and can't find any. I have around $1,000 to throw into it, I would like something like exhaust, a BOV (those 2 to make this 9-5 a bit more timid), and then something with the apc/ecu? Not sure what the stock 9-5 boosts in psi, but I don't think it's too much. I am wanting to do the work myself, but this will be the first car I'll work on. Not in tech school or anything, so can you guys try to keep it in simple terms, give me some ideas, and throw me a couple links to what I could purchase?

$1,000 to get the most performance possible.. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ECU tune and exhaust by Genuine Saab. You can go stage 2 (280HP/310ft-lbs) with $1000.

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/...d=188&osCsid=1e5f3faa6d740c86d2da1485804eecab

Also, they're located in Missouri, so you could stop by their shop and bypass shipping charges.
I think if I go there myself, I might even have enough for the stage 3 with a little more cash, totally worth it! I'm excited, and amazed that this place is no more than a few hours away from me... Thanks!

Only thing, they have listed this for the manual. Mine is automatic... I'll be calling them up tomorrow :D

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
4,503 Posts
I think if I go there myself, I might even have enough for the stage 3 with a little more cash, totally worth it! I'm excited, and amazed that this place is no more than a few hours away from me... Thanks!

Only thing, they have listed this for the manual. Mine is automatic... I'll be calling them up tomorrow :D
What they're saying with the manual is that you'll get that full power from a manual transmission, but not quite as much with the auto.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts

You are so friggin' lucky to live so close to Genuine Saab.

Unfortunately, your upgrades may have to wait, because they have a lot of the 9-5 supplies on back order. I ordered their stage 3 kit 2-3 weeks ago and the ETS intercooler. The intercooler and cat back are on back order for 4-6 weeks =(, but I got everything else =)

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's weird. I ordered an ETS intercooler from them Monday and it arrived today. Maybe they are bundling your packages together.

·
Registered
708 Posts
That's weird. I ordered an ETS intercooler from them Monday and it arrived today. Maybe they are bundling your packages together.

.....ouch.... Bummer mfong

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
That is interesting....

I'll call them today to see if they forgot about me. They shouldn't have, I put in such a huge order.

Hm....

Anybody order a cat back? :) the remaining pieces remaining are the intercooler and cat back and they said that it's on a 4-6 week back order.

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
Are you pre loading before you take off, as in depress brake, give the car some gas to bring the revs and boost up and then letting off the brake at green? Or are you just stomping on the gas at green?

You could probably save some weight by getting some manual 9-3 seats and removing your back seat.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Are you pre loading before you take off, as in depress brake, give the car some gas to bring the revs and boost up and then letting off the brake at green? Or are you just stomping on the gas at green?

You could probably save some weight by getting some manual 9-3 seats and removing your back seat.
mmm, I doubt he'll want to give up those luxuries for the sake of the race :cheesy:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys, I ran into a problem and I need help! Ok, so I stated installing an open intake system into my 9-5. Got myself a spectre filter and all has been going well, like the box has been unscrewed and I've had most of the tubing taken off and removed most of the clamps... But, with my 9-5, I tried using one of the links above and I had this issue....

I have to just get off the clamp located behind my turn signal/blinker. I don't know how to remove the turn signal from the 9-5 and on the link shared to me above, the tutorial has a total different system, because my turn signal doesn't come out with just a torx screw... Once I can figure out how to take this blinker out, all I need to do is unplug those wires and I can undo the last clamp to remove the old airbox and install my new filter!

I want to get my car running and hear my intake work! This just was much harder than it should have been, stupid blinker being so complicated..:evil:

Oh, and to be specific, it's a 2005 9-5 arc sedan.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Before any power mods I would start upgrading things like suspension and brakes first. Having more power is all well and good but you need to be able to stop aswell. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I used the link in the faq and everything went perfect... lol:confused: but it sounds great! Really makes the turbo louder and almost sounds like a bov. Well, there is my first upgrade. I guess next is exhaust and ecu! Maybe also a boost gauge and controller?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts