SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with the turbo wastegate being stuck. I tried to move the lever which was stuck in the downward position. Having tried to free it with WD40 etc. , i applied quite a bit of force and the lever has snapped off :cry: . Could anyone tell me if this is repairable, or whether it will mean a replacement turbo? Is the wategate assembly part of the turbo housing. (i think the turbo is the standard Garrett T25 unit). it there an overhaul kit which may contain the parts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I dont think you can change the rod if its snapped, i believe aftermarket actuators like Forge etc can be dismantled for cleaning purposes or for changing the spring, i'm pretty sure OEM ones are sealed, you may be looking to purchase a new one or at the very least a good used one. Good luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a problem with the turbo wastegate being stuck. I tried to move the lever which was stuck in the downward position. Having tried to free it with WD40 etc. , i applied quite a bit of force and the lever has snapped off :cry: . Could anyone tell me if this is repairable, or whether it will mean a replacement turbo? Is the wategate assembly part of the turbo housing. (i think the turbo is the standard Garrett T25 unit). it there an overhaul kit which may contain the parts?

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_fro...word=wastegate+actuator&adgroup_id=1083021621

External wastegate actuators are easily replaced. I'm pretty sure T7 won't even know, but just to be safe don't talk about it when you're in your car. It might be listening to you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?...tor&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p4506.m270.l1313

specific for garret gt17

Do you have an Arc or Linear?

The 2.3 came with mitsu TD04 on the Aero and Garret GT17's on then linear.

I admit to knowing nothing about the v6 option, but an external wastegate is easily replaced either way, you just gotta find one to put on.

....also, your parents were right - you play with it to much you'll end up breaking it off.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I saw that same ad on eBay. I called the company and they said that it was pulled from a low mileage car. The picture looks rough. It's a good price, but it's $15 for shipping :eek: The company says that they have a 90 day warranty on it, if you buy it.

If I could find a new one for under 100, I would probably buy that one.

I saw that link on the wastegate actuators. What are the specs for the GT17? Do you think I can just grab one and replace it? Since you said that T7 won't know the difference.

I looked all over to find just the actuator, and that's the only ad that I found that's specific to the GT17.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately it isn't the rod of the actuator that has snapped but the lever of the wastegate that the actuator rod connects to.. don't know if the wastegate assembly can be repaired? any ideas welcome?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Give Neo Brothers a call, they are good guys and will tell you what you need, they will probably supply it too.

They are on the Herts / Essex border too.

www.neobrothers.co.uk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts