SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trunk on my 99 9-5 opens up more than it used too before. Its as if its going to touch the rear glass but it dosen't. What could be the problem here?

Thanks

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously? Could it be possible that it could be something loose or a plastic stopper piece thats missing? Anyway to test it out to see what the problem is?

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
xalfa said:
How much should it open?

When I open the boot, ours just clicks open without extending upwards.
Thats normal, stops rain getting in. :cool: Jedi's obviously opens too far if the rear edge of the trunk is near to hitting the rear screen. :confused: I'll take a tape measure to mine and see how far it stops from the screen, also see if there's an adjustment option. This is a new fault...it requires some investigation. ;)

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Right, a bit techy i know but.... trunk edge is 14" from rear screens 10th heating element from bottom (if that makes sense, count up 10 elements from bottom). Piston part of gas strut is 3.5" fully extended; if the piston part of the strut is longer than 3.5", the strut has failed allowing the edge of the trunk too near the screen. There doesn't appear to be a way to adjust the opening width. HTH

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fixed!!

Seems like it was only a "stop" that was missing (fell out). I switched the gas springs from another 9-5 and that didn't solve the problem. So anyone with a similar problem, before spending a lot of money on springs which should never wear since they do not take a heavy load anyways, double check to see if just a stop, its a very inexpensive DYI fix:D

The part number for it is:

Part Number:4558052

Description: SHOULDER STOP RH

Saab Suggested List: 3.30

·
Registered
12 Posts
Trunk

The 95 uses two Hinge Stops.

Hinge Stop Left Hand: Part Number 4558045
Hinge Stop Right Hand: Part Number 4558052

Best regards,