SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

Just had some lights for the 9-5 speedometer go out on the dash board (the upper end of the speedometer). Has anyone replaced these, is it a big job or not?

Thanks
ort11

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Replacing the bulbs is easy, its getting to them thats the hassle....

1. Move steering wheel to lowest, most rearward position.
2. Remove both steering column shrouds.
3. Depress the retaining clips on the steering column stalks, withdraw and disconnect the wiring.
4. Remove the radio and mounting cage.
5. Remove the SID.
6. Remove the ACC unit.
7. Remove the fascia switches on the inner side of the steering column.
8. Remove the lid from the fusebox on end of dash, press out the lighting switches from behind...note the connection points of the black, green and orange wires.
9. Carefully prise out any blank buttons on the fascia.
10. Undo the screws and remove the instrument surround panel (6 screws and 4 clips in various apertures). Remove the cup holder if necessary.
11. Undo the instrument panel mounting screws, withdraw the whole unit and unplug any wiring connectors.

You now have access to the bulb holders, repace bulbs and make sure all work ok before securing the instrument panel.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I found the radio the hardest thing to remove when doing that job....

Improvised for lack of a DIN removal tool by using 4 old Honda 50 spokes... worked a treat but still found the radio hard to pull out...

The rest is a doddle... just take your time and look for the screws....

Another thing when putting them all back watch for the 6 screws that go into the central compartment (SID, Aircon unti, Radio etc)... if you loose a screw down there you can forget about it....

And before you start I would disconnect the battery to be on the safe side... just incase you disconnect anything that could trip off something...

Good Luck
Michael

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, a little bit more than I thought

hi: Thanks for the info. Yes, I don't think that I have the radio removal tool, will have to look.

Thanks for the directions and I'll have put aside some time for this one.

Thanks
ort11

1 - 4 of 4 Posts