SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 2003 9-5 linear with NGK BCPR6ES spark plus, will NGK BCPR6E V-power plugs work? or is it best to get te same ones?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
There're the same spec's; aside from the V, don't know how they will react in a Saab" If you go with them let us know how you like them.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I dont know what V stands for either, but I would only use what is called for. There ae many reasons for this explained in the forum.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
http://sparkplugs.com/results_fitment.asp?pid=BCPR6E
They just added a V on the electrode; don't know how much better that makes it.

V-Power Plug, 14mm Thread Size, 19mm (3/4") Reach, 5/8" (16mm) Hex Size, Gasket Seat, Resistor, Solid Terminal Nut, V-Power (V-Grooved Center Electrode), Projected Tip, JIS Height, .035" (0.9mm) Gap, Heat Range 6

Exact Match:
NGK Spark Plug Obsolete, Roll Over Part For Replacement 1269 BCPR6E NGK V-power spark plug 3735 BCPR6E V

I dont know what V stands for either, but I would only use what is called for. There ae many reasons for this explained in the forum.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I came to autozone and the guy at the counter said that those plugs will work, so before putting them in my car I decided to ask here on forum if anybody knows anything about those V-power plugs.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Just a heads up if you do change your plugs out again only stick with NGk or you will have some issues later on.
I came to autozone and the guy at the counter said that those plugs will work, so before putting them in my car I decided to ask here on forum if anybody knows anything about those V-power plugs.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
^^^ This!

Yeah that's right the guy at autozone knows all about Saabs. It sounds like they MAY work, but Saab T7 ion detection is very sensative, to changes in gap, electorde thickness, split V's ( some have used) etc. It works in concert wth the DI to detect knock and retard sprk if dnagerous knock is detected. If knock sensing is off you would never know ( runs alright??? How do you know do you have an AFR gauge?) silent knocking can kill an engine and the wrong plugs ( again they SHOULD work) can also kill a now $400 DI ( as it tires to force the wrong plugs to detect knock.

Not to tell you not to jsut to give you fair warning

Cool, because more than one time some auto parts stores have tried to convince me to use what they carry and not what I want.
Yeah they think becasue something FITS, it will WORK...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts