Damn. 5 months since the last post. I've been chugging along as I can but work has been exhausting.
I installed the bluesaab module and cd changer cable in the trunk.
Zinc plated the hand brake parts and reassembled/calibrated the handbrake system. This was lazy home plating so they're a little burnt, but i am working on a little rotissery plater for the future. should be cool.
Repaired the corroded rear swing arm dampers with the tig welder...nasty cast aluminum was a pain
I also dropped the fuel tank to fix the fuel pump hanger for two reasons:
-I used bulkhead fittings on the nylon top hat and they arent very secure).
-I also gutted the jet pump on the oem hanger so i'd like to be a little more oem with my solution while maintaining the 8AN lines.
I've already done some tinkering and I can stuff the huge 450lph e85 pump in the stock pump bucket with a few tweaks. neato. I've made an Aluminum top hat as well. This needs to be assembled and welded.
Along that line, bought new nickel copper brake lines, a flaring tool and all that stuff to remake the brake lines. I couldn't stomach using the old ones. I havent started making the new lines yet though.
Finished up the install of the short shifter. This entailed replacing the shift rod i bent one time pulling the motor and extending the reverse lock out collar that i cut doing the diy short shifter. What a nice interior for 200k miles. Still need to find the AC seat blanks to install the aux plug and another connector for the ECU can bus.
I started sanding up the hood and trunk. Still needs rock chips filled and primer, basecoat/clear etc.
The last thing i just finished up was painting all of the remaining random brackets and suspension components. I dropped the tarp in the garage creating a one stall paint booth.
Oh, and if anyone needs front aero calipers, i have these nice black painted ones that I dont need as I bought some brembos.