SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me during which model year the 9-5 was changed to include the GM parts bin knobs for interior climate controls please?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
809 Posts
The new dash without SID was introduced in the end of 2006 as 2007 model.
Do you mean this one?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Wulf said:
It was introduced at the end of 2005 as a 2006 model.
Sept 2005 to be a little more precise.

Basically if it's got the 'Dame Edna' front end with the chrome around the headlights, it will have the GM parts bin ACC knobs.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
shaggy said:
can someone tell me during which model year the 9-5 was changed to include the GM parts bin knobs for interior climate controls please?

thanks in advance
I like the new style ;oops:

·
Registered
809 Posts
It was introduced at the end of 2005 as a 2006 model.
My mistake,messed up the years;oops:.
It looks modern but cheaper than "ours"and steering wheel is awful.
Are the steering wheels so expensive-all Opels and Vauxholls and Cadis and Saabs with only one model-brrrrrrrr:evil:?

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
stipud said:
What's with the black trim around the shifter? :confused: :confused:
good, old-fashioned cost cutting

On the flipside the door panels on the 06 and up 9-5's look and feel much nicer than the old-style ones. Too bad they got rid of the pushbutton fuel filler door, I'd upgrade to the new style if they had cutouts for the fuel door button.

But we say it to GM again; THE SID NEEDS TO STAY ON THE DASH!

Seriously, there are plenty of cars that offer sid-style features in the speedo cluster, what made saab so cool was that they held on to the old-style dash-mounted driving computer for so long. Only another company did that, another company with a circular logo with blue in it ;).

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
aeropilot said:
Nor do I....
Too much GM not enough Saab :evil:
I don't mind the style so much... I DO object to the change to a 180-degree speedo with consistent number spacing - it means that all my driving uses only the first 1/3 of the instrument - the old gauge with 270-degree sweep and half-spacing past 140kmh was far more functional.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
aeropilot said:
Nor do I....
Too much GM not enough Saab :evil:
Too much chrome and bling for my taste. And it's a bit like your grandmother getting a shot of botox and a new pair of knees to go dancing with. The look just makes the car appear outdated.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I'm attracted to Bling (ha even capitalised the word) ;oops:

But that's cool cos this forum would be so dull if we all felt the same way about things :confused:

·
Registered
449 Posts
i particularly like the old style ACC and dash because of the tons of buttons there are to push. Looks nice when they are all glowing at night. Just like the 9000.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Firehead said:
i particularly like the old style ACC and dash because of the tons of buttons there are to push. Looks nice when they are all glowing at night. Just like the 9000.
+1

the look of an old-style 9-5 dash at night along with the retro-colored instrument cluster really adds to the "born from jets" feeling

the new cars, especially with that heinous steering wheel just feel like "born from the GM parts bin"

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
The 9-3SS 03-05 had me won over. But the new 9-5/9-5 dashes are ugly and plain.

The bling sucks:( . Saab is not a "bling bling" car.

I'm 20 and feel 50 sometimes.:lol:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts