Votes: 0 0.0%
  • give up

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all, just recently all my power doors stopped working. (4 doors plus trunk). It must be a central module problem but I checked the manual and there's no fuse for power doors. I would like to know if any one else has had this problem and how they fixed it. Thanks

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
When I bought my 2000 Aero wagon about a year and a half ago, all four door lock motors were fried, and I had to replace them all. The hatch lock worked fine, though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
power door issue

I don't think its the mechanics because everything failed at the same time. When i press the auto door unlock button on the key or in the car the lights flash but nothing happens. its like the signal is not getting to the doors.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
When I bought my 2000 Aero wagon about a year and a half ago, all four door lock motors were fried, and I had to replace them all. The hatch lock worked fine, though.
fried? burnt? crispy? How can all 4 go at once?

·
Registered
10,278 Posts
I honestly have no idea how they all went. They were that way when I bought the car, so I don't know if they slowly went, one by one, over the years, or if something took them all out at once. They were completely dead. They made no noise at all if I pressed the central locking button or the lock or unlock buttons on the remote. I originally thought it was a wiring issue, but I bought a used lock motor on eBay for $20 just to see what would happen if I plugged it in. It worked, so one by one I replaced them all as cheap ones showed up on eBay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts