SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, im not as you can see a 9-5 owner ive sneaked in from the 9000 forum anyway..

A friend has a 2004 9-5 with sat nav but he doesnt have the discs, is there a cheaper alternative to the dealer for getting these discs?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Ignoring the obvious question of why he doesn't have the disc, or rather why it wasn't in the unit when he bought the car...:eek:

However, fleabay is best bet, but you won't get an OEM Saab disc, rather the 'normal' disc you got if you bought an over-the-counter Kenwood 2200 Nav system from an audio shop....just do a search on fleapit for Kenwood 2200 Navigation disc etc.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was wondering if it was a standard unit of some sort.

The navigation was in the car when he bought it from a dealer but they had misplaced the disc's and havent been able to find them since.

Cheers.:cheesy:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Then the dealer should pay for the replacement. They sold him a car after they lost parts for it and expect him to pay for new ones? I'd call Saab corporate.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Tooky said:
The navigation was in the car when he bought it from a dealer but they had misplaced the disc's and havent been able to find them since.
Crap........:nono;

He shouldn't even think about looking on fleapit, as it's totally the dealer's responsibility to provide a correct OEM Saab disc...they took it out and lost it, they should replace it.....end of story...:x

I can't even think why they even needed to take the thing out anyway....cretin's:x

And yeah, tell him to report the dealer to Saab-GB.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The car was bought through a non saab dealer who does ex-fleet cars he did try and get the disc's but didnt have any luck they were lost at the auction / fleet managment place / somewhere..

Thanks for your replies anyway, fleabay it is.. is the Kenwood unit the only one they used? I dont want him to go buying the wrong discs if there are a couple!!

Ta.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Tooky said:
The car was bought through a non saab dealer who does ex-fleet cars he did try and get the disc's but didnt have any luck they were lost at the auction / fleet managment place / somewhere..
Yeah right......:roll:

Tooky said:
Thanks for your replies anyway, fleabay it is.. is the Kenwood unit the only one they used? I dont want him to go buying the wrong discs if there are a couple!!
Yup, Kenwood KNA-DV2200 is the unit, and KNA-MP225 is the latest data disc for that unit.
See here, scroll down for the 4th one down. (For cheapness the 6th one down at 50 quid will do, the MP-221 - but the maps will be about 3 years out of date, but it's better than nothing)

http://www.caraudiodiscount.com/acatalog/kenwood_navigation_accessories.html

Just had a look on fleapit and there is nothing on there at the moment.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers, I had googled and found that caraudiodiscount place.. i wonder how out of date the KNA MP-221 disc is? 50quid sounds a reasonable price at least

1 - 10 of 10 Posts