21 - 40 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
5,641 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
well i'm back at it and moving in the right direction. i installed the manifold and turbo to see about the radiator fitment and i was pleasantly surprised! the stock radiator in the stock location with the stock cooling fans should work out nicely. the turbo plumbing should be pretty straight forward except for the oil drain line.....hopefully i get lucky. i will be mounting the radiator and a/c condenser together and then be sourcing a monster intercooler to be mounted behind the bumper. as always some photos for review....please excuse the dirty engine bay.

dave

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I sure hope no cat walks in front of your car, it might get sucked up that mammoth intake all too easily. :eek:

Kermit said:
(out of curiosity what are you doing with the gearbox?)
I don't think anybody has ever established what the maximum amount of power the 9-5 gearbox could take, at least I haven't heard of one being broken. What really makes me wonder is what you are doing for the clutch...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
the gearbox in the car is the standard stock gearbox with 50,000 miles on it. i have a quaife lsd on the shelf awaiting a new gearbox when/if i blow this one up. i did not want to risk demolishing the lsd in the event this gearbox decides to quit. i am using a stage 3+ SPEC clutch thats supposedly rated for 589 ft-lbs and drives like stock. we shall see.....

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
"Dirty engine bay?"

Even "dirty" it still looks way better than most....

I can't wait to see that beast in person. Are you planning any tuning pre-SOC?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wow that is one sweet project, where in NH are you? I'm about 1.5-2 hours from manchester. I'm going to have to see this beast when you are done putting it together.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
BrianS said:
Glad to see things moving forward. Excellent job!
Agreed, really top stuff :cool:

·
Registered
593 Posts
afm said:
I thought that quaife lsds get used for drag racing and are almost indestructible:confused:
gearboxes 5
Quaife lsd 0

indistructable.....

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
fatship said:
the gearbox in the car is the standard stock gearbox with 50,000 miles on it. i have a quaife lsd on the shelf awaiting a new gearbox when/if i blow this one up. i did not want to risk demolishing the lsd in the event this gearbox decides to quit. i am using a stage 3+ SPEC clutch thats supposedly rated for 589 ft-lbs and drives like stock. we shall see.....

Where'd you score that?

21 - 40 of 268 Posts