SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a problem with my both key fobs. Sometimes they're able to open/close the car and sometimes I have to press either of the buttons couple of times to get it to work. I changed the batteries, I also checked the remote controller unit placed in the center console between the seats, trying to find some dry joints inside, but no luck.
Anyone has any experience with such issues and could help me out?
thanks

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
Is there cranes, trucks etc with remote controller? If yes, there is your problem, those uses same frequency, but they have 100* more power. Your tiny signal is lost.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hard to say, I park on the street in a big city. Many cars...haven't seen any cranes, trucks-rarely. But for sure, when I'm inside the car, fob is working flawlessly.

·
Registered
9,380 Posts
If the fobs aren't synchronized with the car, they require four or five pushes to synchronize.

If every time you press the buttons four or five times and the remote works, then that seems to be what is happening. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot it further. Although because it does this with more than one remote, it would point to a problem with TWICE or the electrical system. (If you disconnect the car's battery, you may need a few presses of the remote to synchronize.) I took a quick look at WIS but did not find any troubleshooting for your problem.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not each time. Sometimes I have to press the button twice, sometimes 8 times, sometimes it works immediately. There's no pattern to it.

·
Registered
8,881 Posts
How about new transmitter (P/N 5265327)?
You need TECH2 to marry transmitter to your car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I totally know this problem. I get the same thing with my 9-5.
The range of the fob can be all over the place! Sometimes it'll work from 30 ft, sometimes I have to be standing right next to the car to get it to work. Sometimes it'll work fine first press other times I have to press it a few times.
I did see a good video on youtube where a guy removed the receiver from the console and soldered a long wire into the antenna but I don't have the link (sorry). I'm sure you'll find it...

I think the signal strength of the transmitter and receiver are suspect at the best of times! My girlfriends Yaris can be unlocked from the next suburb! :lol::lol::lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts