SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about buying a used 9-5 Aero wagon. Is there anything particular to the 9-5 that I should be looking for while shopping? Has anyone autocrossed there 9-5? How competative is it in autocross. I am not looking for a nationally competative car, just something fun on a local level.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Just make sure you have all the oil change records since our cars are known for sludging if oil is not changed regularly (as with all turbo cars).

Autocrossing a 9-5? You know, I want to do that myself. I too wonder how it'd hold up. I need to try it. Anyone have suggestions? :cool:

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
The 9-5 is a dog at low speeds, I don't think it's gonna be very good. And the stock suspension really isn't that stiff for a supposed sporty aero.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
aero1116 said:
Autocrossing a 9-5? You know, I want to do that myself. I too wonder how it'd hold up. I need to try it. Anyone have suggestions? :cool:
I've got a suggestion........don't:lol:

Joking aside, a 9-5 is going to be a bit barge like for autocrossing, and if it's quite tight and twisty, you'll kill the front tyres very, very quickly.
But fun it certainley will be, in a masochistic sort of way.:cheesy:

And for those of us in the UK that might be going autocrossing:eek: , it's not the same type of event over there as it is over here;)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
aeropilot said:
And for those of us in the UK that might be going autocrossing:eek: , it's not the same type of event over there as it is over here;)
What is it then :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts