SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone hope someone out there can help me with my problem I have a Saab 9-5 hot aero 2.3t year 2001 and I am getting faults come up on the dash that don't exist, Like when I put my foot on the break to put in into gear (auto) on the dash appears break light failure but when checked all break lights are fine and also after about 10 mins driving the oil warning light comes up only when I stop.
But yet the oil level is fine and it's just had a oil change and new oil pressure switch. So I am baffled.
Is there anyway of putting a laptop on it and turning of these warning lights are taking a fuse out or anything the lights coming on don't bother me it's
You got it the famous Saab (DING DING DING) that goes with it that does my brain in I do hope someone can help.
Many thx. Wayne

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Hi
I doubt you have a faulty display. The 'dingding' is supposed to be annoying, that way owners may be pursuaded to look into a problem rather than just ignore it.
They rarely if ever lie. Pulling fuses or bulbs etc won't solve problems, it simply hides them.

1. If you car is a saloon check the wiring in the boot. The large loom on the left side that is covered in a rubber sleeve often gets damaged inside from the constant twisting when the boot is opened/closed. A broken wire (or two) in there will flash up rear light problems that appear to be wrong.

2. Don't assume just because the oil and sender are new that low oil pressure is wrong. Drop the sump, have it cleaned out. A weak oil pump could cause low pressure at idle when hot too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts