SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:evil: I took my car in for repair because the positive battery cable was bad and the car would die on me when I braked hard in traffic or put in gear after a drive of about an hour. I informed them of a hissing (vacuum) noise and it going away once I pressed the brake pedal down as well as pointing it out to the service technician.

To date this has been done:
positive battery cable * needed
battery * needed
spark plugs * maybe
****everything below this line was a rip off*****
fuel filter
fuel pump
throttle body
o2 sensor
blow off valve

All this was done because the technicians at two different saab dealers said that the codes came back that these things were the problem. Mine you I still have a hiss (vacuum) and the car still die's out when I brake hard or put it in gear.

I took the car to saabtech here in Chicago and they informed me that the car die's out when I brake hard because of some power assisted brake system (vacuum) that is starting to or has failed. Is there such a thing and does it cost $1,100.00 to repair?

What ever happen to fixing the problem that the customer came in with? The saab tech's seem to be relying on the machine's to do their work for them. Where have all mechanics gone?

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
chicagosaab95 said:
I took the car to saabtech here in Chicago and they informed me that the car die's out when I brake hard because of some power assisted brake system (vacuum) that is starting to or has failed. Is there such a thing and does it cost $1,100.00 to repair?
The brake booster works on vacuum from the engine, if you're hearing a hissing noise that goes away when the brake is applied then something is shot in it. While I don'e know exactly how much it would be, I could see it costing quite a lot to replace.
chicagosaab95 said:
Where have all mechanics gone?
They're in hiding from the CEL's. :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts