SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody notice that it is next to impossible to heel to toe without mashing the brake first? Firstly, my foot barely can fit when attempting this maneuver. Second, the gas pedal is so far forward in relation to the brake that I can’t even get my ankle to bend at such an acute angle. I have owned at least 10 manual cars and have been able to do this on each and every one until now. I learned this technique and many variations of it in racing school so someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

·
Registered
767 Posts
With your training and experience surely you should be telling why it is so difficult with the 9-5! There are worse brake/accelerator differences though, and out of curiosity I wonder whether there are any types with level pedals.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With your training and experience surely you should be telling why it is so difficult with the 9-5! There are worse brake/accelerator differences though, and out of curiosity I wonder whether there are any types with level pedals.
I took apart the pedal assembly today. I noticed the pedal reserve distance is several inches closer to the firewall than the brake and clutch. The only logical reason behind this would be to prevent unintended acceleration. I could bend the arm and get a longer pushrod but this probably wouldn’t be a reliable solution. The only other thing would be to buy a new pedal box. I see how my original post seemed a little stupid in retrospect. I was pretty frustrated and didn’t want to face the music.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts