SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello fellow saab owners/enthusiasts,
I'm new to all this so apologies if this query is well worn and answered...
Today the 'engine malfunction' warning appeared on my dash, I've got at 04 plate 9-5 estate with 65k on the clock and previously serviced by western saab in glasgow. Not sure what the problem is but Derek at D&J Motors in Edinburgh (who seems to know his backside from his elbow) is looking into it.
Any ideas as to what the problem could be?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
the check engine light? there are a ton of possibilities... get the code read at the dealer or typically free at places like auto zone, parts america etc and let us know what the code is, then we can help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Ski. Hoping it's nothing serious; Derek @ D&J motors, Edinburgh UK comes recommended by other users of this forum. I'd just wondered whether 9-5 owners with 2004 models had encountered significant ignition/fuel system problems.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
As Ski says there are literally hundreds of possibilties, from a tiny vacuum leak to a serious problem.

Once the mechanic gives you the fault code we can start to really try and help you ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turned out that there was a fault with the direct injection block which needed replaced; genuine saab part used so about £300 worth including labour and vat; still, I guess it could have been worse.
Thanks to Ski and Chris9-5 for comments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.