SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 9-5 Aero, 2002, intermittently does not start. It does this whether warm (not hot) or cold. Once it did not start with a new direct ignition, but a test bulb did light when attached to one of the DI discharge connections. Twice, after been trucked to the dealer, it did not fail to start for several days. This car has 58xxx miles and is in great shape otherwise. Any fixes or suggestions? Thanks...
I should add that no trouble code has appeared because of this problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a Ranger pick up years ago that did the same thing. It was the fuel pump.

Just a couple of months ago the fuel pump on our 2002 9-5 went out.

So next time it happens flip the back seat up (the fuel pump is under there) and see if the fuel pump kicks on when you turn the ignition on.

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the fast response and for your suggestion. At least one time we heard something from the fuel pump, but it might have been only the solenoid. Will try to pay more attention to it. I do hear the engine almost fire sometimes, so maybe it really is the pump. Thanks again!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Eric. The DIC has been replaced, but that doesn't guarantee the new one is perfect. The Crank Position Sensor is one of the three most likely problems mentioned, among fuel pump and DIC. Apparently replacing the DIC is about $185 if Saab does it. I'm at the place I have to start replacing parts until I find the culprit, so the DIC is next easiest. BUT, wouldn't the engine NOT turn over if it were the DIC? It always does, so that leads to the pump. Thoughts now? Thanks!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts