SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade my delivery pipe for my 9-5..but I am not trying to spend $466 for an new one any ideas on where i could purchase one?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
I think Abbott Racing is the only supplier unless you go custom made?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
ohh ok damn I guess I will have to go with that then..
I bet ya $1 that you wont notice any gains ;)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
I bet ya $1 that you wont notice any gains ;)
i did not expect that I want some much stuff but limited money lol..I guess i hwill have to save towards my new suspension then. but i look so damn cool on your car.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Yep it looks great but it should be way down your shopping list ;)

I know its hard but spend it where it really counts first:

1. A little extra power to get the "bug" then:
  2. Maintenance
  3. Suspension
  4. Brakes
  5. Power
  6. Bling (optional)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris 9-5 said:
Yep it looks great but it should be way down your shopping list ;)

I know its hard but spend it where it really counts first:
  1. A little extra power to get the "bug" then:
  2. Maintenance
  3. Suspension
  4. Brakes
  5. Power
  6. Bling (optional)
Well I got new brakes and rotor this summer, maintainance wise i just got the pcv update. so thats a start. I will indeed take your advice

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Yep... the delivery pipe doesn't add any power at all... in fact you lose some due to it being more prone to heatsoak. It does look really good though... before I installed it, people would look at my engine bay dismissively, or tell me that I totally needed to upgrade my pipes for more powerzzz. Now I get oohs and aahs.

So the question is, what do you want to go for... public recognition, or personal stealth appeal. Personally if my stock pipe wasn't falling apart and barely glued together, I don't think I would have switched it over. I love telling people my car is stock, and then walking all over their shiny modified blingmobiles.

I got my pipes from Genuinesaab.com . IIRC they were sold as a $300 kit, and it goes all the way down to your intercooler in front of the battery rather than next to the downpipe. They are no longer listed on the website, but when I asked Nick, he found one laying around, so send [email protected] an email if you like.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Almost triplets :p

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whats on the intake.. I am talking about the middle pic.. is that custom painted or an open air intake.?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
Whats on the intake.. I am talking about the middle pic.. is that custom painted or an open air intake.?
This?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wait hold-up..Ok so your saying dont get the stage 1 upgrade? I was looking at the one where you only do the software and a open air intake. is that a bad idea?

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
SaabBlackMan said:
Wait hold-up..Ok so your saying dont get the stage 1 upgrade? I was looking at the one where you only do the software and a open air intake. is that a bad idea?
Who said dont get it :eek: :eek:

I said that even with their highest stage you dont need the delivery pipe ;)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ohh ok pheww.. no i dont care about that anymore I could get that later..ok well in a few weeks I should have enough to get my stage upgrade yay:cheesy:!!

Ok I like that intake where do you buy it from? Filter what not and the red and block pipe like that too.

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
The red pipe is just silicone hose (one reducer and one coupler), widely available. The black section is simply a piece of 3" exhaust - painted black!

The open air filter, cant remember but there are loads of variations, K&N etc :confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts