SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having problems with the climate control on my 2000 9-5 since last September. I have gotten the dreaded code for the passenger side mix door malfunction. It has been tot he Saab dealer and his solution was to replace the heater box. I checked the door shafts and bel cranks, all were fine. I must have had it apart 7 or 8 times, I was on a first name basis with all of the fasteners. Anyway, to get to my point, i again took apart the passenger side dash for access, then the drivers side for comparison. I checked connections, gave every part the shake, wiggle, pull and tug test. I finally saw that the linkeage rod to the mix door on the passenger side moved freely, TOO freely. I went to the local auto salvage yard and removed a step motor from a car the same and noted it did NOT turn freely! I went back to the garage, removed the old step motor and replaced it with the "new" one. I held my breath as I recalibrated teh system (held off and auto at teh same time) the unit went through the self check and NO codes! I assembled the facia parts and went for a ride, a long test ride. BOTH sides now operate perfectly! No more comfortable on teh driver's side while the passenger roasts themselved out! I can't tell you how happy I am, and even more happy I did not let the dealer go ahead with the $2100.00 repair! I guess what I am trying to say here is that dreaded code does not always mean a broken shaft or linkeage! Yes, I am a happy man and thai Saab, that has 181,000 miles on it with 7500 mile oil changes WITH Mobil Delvac 15W40 will now make it past 225,000 with no fear of it being sold due to a bad climate control.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for all of your tips and advice. I would not have pursed this without all of your help and advice!

Tony:)

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Well done Tony!

Top man!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I’d ask a question here as it is a related issue. I’m having intermittent heat, and I do need to get underneath and see if it’s a blender issue.
However, my question is why does my heat work(when it works) on both the end vents, not the two center ones? Well there is a very small hint from them but it seems can’t get through as if it’s clogged.
Is this a blender issue or something else?
I couldn’t find a similar problem in my search in the forums.
Any help is much appreciated :)

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Center vents works when you select ventilation (to face). There is also closing flap, which you can manually open/close.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I’d a question here as it is a related issue.
mom having intermittent heat, and I do need to get underneath and see if it’s a blend or issue.
Center vents works when you select ventilation (to face). There is also closing flap, which you can manually open/close.
Yep my setting at the ACC was set for the feet. Thanks 👍

1 - 5 of 5 Posts