SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ignore the ghetto pod, it's getting molded and wrapped soon.

alright, it's in, it does the opening ceremony, sender is fine because it reads 13-15 psi in 4th and 5th....

seems OK...but it doesn't do the closing ceremony... it just shuts off suddenly with the headlights when I turn the car off.

So either my red wires/12V constants are not tapping the right fuse (I have it on ciggy lighter) or the orange/accessory is wrong (also ciggy)

I tried fuel pump as suggested by someone and that didn't work either...
ideas???

I am supposed to have a diffferent source for 12V constant and "accessory or parking light"

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Try tapping it into the dash brightness control rheostat, that way you can also control the display level.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want to control the brightness. Although in the photo it looks insanely bright, it's actually just perfect in real life. ;)

And it is LED backlit, so I am not even sure that would work.

But any ideas on where I should hit for a constant 12V???

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stipud said:
The radio will have constant 12v and accessory power.
so I can use a second fuse tap on the radio fuse, and run my red (12V constant) wires to that...

and keep the orange (acc) wire on the ciggy lighter fuse? or move it also to the radio fuse?

Thanks in advance, I am not very good with electrical.;oops:

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
http://www.mitt-eget.com/saab/faq_audio.shtml#head

Connect 12v constant with a fuse to #8
Connect 12v accessory (probably won't need a fuse) to #2

You could probably keep your accessory wire on the cig lighter if you want, but for cleanliness sake it would be neater to have them connected in the same space.

You might want to try using the rheostat as Kermit suggested. I am not sure if it will work with LEDs either, but you can get a good rheostat signal on the heated seat switches, right next to the cig lighter, so it's definitely worth a try. Use a voltmeter to figure out which one is the rheostat lead... just wiggle the light adjustment and try to find the lead that goes up and down in voltage.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
stipud said:
You might want to try using the rheostat as Kermit suggested. I am not sure if it will work with LEDs either, but you can get a good rheostat signal on the heated seat switches, right next to the cig lighter, so it's definitely worth a try. Use a voltmeter to figure out which one is the rheostat lead... just wiggle the light adjustment and try to find the lead that goes up and down in voltage.
I will try this later.

About the rheostat, if I hook it up this way, I can make the gauge brighter when my heated seat is hot? :lol:

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
turns out this one only does the opening and not closing ceremony, and I had it hooked up right the first time.

oh well.

thanks anyways for all the suggestions.;oops:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts