SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any info on where to locate/recharge freon level for a 2002 9/5 Arc? Blower is working - blows somewhat cool air to the rear vents; but, warm air out the front vents.

Any assistance/suggestions welcome!

Thanks...

·
Registered
343 Posts
This is not likely an A/C charge problem but more likely a blower door issue. I would suggest searching Saab Central for how to repair this problem. It is actually pretty easy and cheap if you do it yourself but will be very very expensive if you have dealer or some SAAB shop do it. There are some very good pictures and procedures for doing this yourself on this forum. Good luck!:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is not likely an A/C charge problem but more likely a blower door issue. I would suggest searching Saab Central for how to repair this problem. It is actually pretty easy and cheap if you do it yourself but will be very very expensive if you have dealer or some SAAB shop do it. There are some very good pictures and procedures for doing this yourself on this forum. Good luck!:D
Thanks for info. I'm trying to troubleshoot - where is the indicator for the freon at under the hood? Can it be 'diy' changed or do I 'need' to go to a mechanic?

·
Registered
343 Posts
The low side charge connection is very sneaky they hide it behind the right head light. The experts will tell you that you should always go to a qualified expert but R134 is cheap and easy to get at walmart and most auto parts stores. All you need is the connector and you can fill it yourself. I would first try a small can that is PAG oil and r134 booster then if it still needs r134 you can add that after.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You also need to do the following:

If you wish to view the fault codes your ACC unit has stored, simply hold down the AUTO and OFF buttons on the ACC control panel at the same time.
It will run through a set of self diagnostics display will then display a single digit number on the left, and a double digit on the right.
i.e 1 ____ 21
This would signify 1 fault code stored, code 21.

error code 8 always turned out to a broken blower door for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts