SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, found out that my new used 9-5 is missing the air intake duct that runs from the air cleaner across the front of the grille.

The air cleaner sitting there with an open hole facing the front of the car about 6" off the ground makes me a little nervous about driving through puddles. Unfortunately those ducts are no longer available on any of the parts sites that I can find.

So, two questions - one, can anyone suggest an alternative form of a duct, and b) if not, does anyone have one off a parts car they'd like to sell?:p

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, yeah, the air filter is there (it's the box behind the grille on the passenger side) it's just the duct that draws the air from around the front of the grille. So no unfiltered air to the MAF. Will see if Goldwing might have something. If not I could probably fashion something...it's probably eating a lot of flies right now as it is.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got one from Goldwing and got 'er installed yesterday. Had to remove the grill to do it, but that wasn't awful - actually easier than I thought it would be. With a clean air filter the car seems to be running better but it's probably just the placebo effect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts