SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
give us your email and I will send pics and details...ad don't go live on ebay until tonite, only got my 9000Aero yesterday...3 Saabs too much to handle.
Steve

Would be happy with £1500...I know these don't hold their value but this is still fine

ebay words:

OK, so you want to buy a 9-5 Aero, and why not. Massive spec and spectacularly cheap. Which ones to look at?
AVOID the pre 2004 models as they have sump sludging problems caused by poorly designed pCV system.
AVOID automatics as they don't shift as quickly (manual has 250bhp boosted by 10% for first 10 seconds of boost)
AVOID crappy colours, this is almost black metallic, called Espresso Black
AVOID patchy service history and high numbers of previous keepers...I am effectively the 2nd owner as the former keeper purchased the car at just 6 months old. I got it in May 2007
So, car registered March 2004. MOT until April 2013 with no advisories (MOT number 447603082066 to check out MOT history http://motinfo.direct.gov.uk/internet/jsp/ECHID-Internet-History-Request.jsp )
Tax due at end of August, 4 good Avon tyres on the nicest Aero alloys that are really easy to clean. Service book up to date (8 stamps) last major service 23 March this year
Previous services [email protected] 22k, [email protected] 48k, [email protected] 79k, [email protected] 94k, [email protected] 103k, [email protected] 111k, [email protected] 116k, [email protected] 123k
6cd auto changer in boot, Xenon headlights, electric adjust drivers seat, dual climate control, heated seats, power windows and the most awesome cup holder ever designed.

Bodywork is all straight, paintwork not concourse but commensurate with age and scrubs up well enough. Interior clean with no rips to leather, never been smoked in.

BAD BITS
1. Drivers fog lamp glass lens is broken (see pic)
2. Plasic cover lost from passenger door mirror (see pic)
3. Intermittent "check engine light" (fine for photo shoot). Fault seems to be connected with how much fuel in tank and how many clicks you give to filler cap...pressurised fuel system
4. Fuel gauge sometimes slow to respond after fill up, may take 2 days to register full tank
5. Xenon headlights have lost automatic self level feature....still work fine and pass MOT so never bothered to fix, (new sensor needed)
In my ownership only problem has been intermittent alarm activation, solved by the helpful main dealer who kindly put in a new wiring loom...££ouch. Other than that the car has been bombproof.

Reason for selling? Too many Saabs. I have a classic 900, and a 9000 Aero so this one has to go. Nostalgia wins over common sense
Car drives great and is located not far from Brighton. Any other questions or more pics just bung me your email address, or text me 07801973639 (Steve)
I can give demo rides but am reluctant to let anyone else behind the wheel
Car has to go so you lot decide the true value here. GULP. I trust you

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Looks just like mine but with the steering wheel on the wrong side. Good luck with the sale... Looks like it in really good shape.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts