SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
History on my Aero is virtually non-existant so I'm changing the plugs (and oil etc). I've picked up the recommended PFR6H-10 plugs but I'm seeing conflicting views on the gap. Obviously they're 1mm (though seemed a little tight out of the box so I adjusted a smidge) but handbook says 1.05mm +/- 0.05 and all you clever interwebs so and so's are saying anything between 0.9mm and 1.1mm

Go with the handbook? Or believe everything I read online? Which would be a first.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
History on my Aero is virtually non-existant so I'm changing the plugs (and oil etc). I've picked up the recommended PFR6H-10 plugs but I'm seeing conflicting views on the gap. Obviously they're 1mm (though seemed a little tight out of the box so I adjusted a smidge) but handbook says 1.05mm +/- 0.05 and all you clever interwebs so and so's are saying anything between 0.9mm and 1.1mm

Go with the handbook? Or believe everything I read online? Which would be a first.
It is my understanding that the PFR6H-10 plugs are pre-gapped correctly to our cars. I have NEVER adjusted the gap when installing them and I've gone through many sets of them, and never had an issue. FWIW.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd say out of the box they were closer to 0.9 than 1.0

But why am I seeing people recommend different gaps? Why put to 0.9?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts