·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name: Kris

Means of contact: 07887 747413

Price: £700.00

Description: 95 AERO BLACK TAN INTERIOR - AUTO - ENGINE NON-RUNNER

I was driving my mint black 95 aero up from London to Leeds. Rattling noise from the right side of the engine. Stopped oil warning light on. Dragged it to the garage quoting me £800 to fix it. Would suit someone with the time to tinker with it. Very clean car and interior. 12 months MOT and 11 months tax on it. 4 brand new tires.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Sounds like the dreaded sump problem to me, as you said needs a new engine pity as it looks a very nice car, i share your pain as i too have felt the pain of the sludge monster..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it got bought by a parts dealer so hopefully will go to a good home at least in separate parts. Properly loved that car. Only paid £1800 for it two years ago, sprayed the bumpers and renovated the alloys myself. It was a looker for the age and miles.

I thought by the 2004 model they had sorted out the sludge sump problem. Mind you I don't know how the guy before me had been looking after it. Under me is was serviced and only bathed in the best quality fully synthetic.

What I love about the 95 Aero is that for the money and size there is not much else that can play with it. A few faster 0-60 but that savage 40-80 range, you are looking at only maybe a 535d BMW could live with it. Loved being on the motorway and properly pissing off Audi, BMW and Merc drivers up your ****. Just letting them get angry and then flooring it and watching them struggling to keep up, them thinking what the hell it that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a new job with a car allowance. Thinking about the new Mazda 6. This is another left field choice, Merc, BMW, Audi quality and pretty quick (not Aero league but then it does 50mpg) at half the price of the Merc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts