SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current situation is that my ABS unit went out. Sent it to BBA for a reman and it still didn't work - TCS, ABS lights and no speedo.

Bought a new unit off of ebay and I cannot reprogram it to my car with TechII. It is the same issue as in this video:

I called my old mechanic who told me on the 2004 9-5's this is an issue that can only be solved by getting a control unit and hydraulic pump from the same car. Otherwise it will not accept the programming.

Anyone out there have both the control module and pump from the same car. The control module part number is 0273004701.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I have an '03 9-5 I can pull the unit out of. The control unit and pump are a single assembly typically aren't they?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do actually think some 03's have the same unit! The part number should be 0273004701, which would be written on the bar code on the control unit.

And yes, it is a single assembly.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I do actually think some 03's have the same unit! The part number should be 0273004701, which would be written on the bar code on the control unit.

And yes, it is a single assembly.
Alright, I'll have to check and let you know if I have the correct unit or not. Might be a week or two before I'm able.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, I'll have to check and let you know if I have the correct unit or not. Might be a week or two before I'm able.
OK I was just told it has to be a 2004. Hard to know for sure but wouldn't want you to check for nothing...I would say old off for now but thank you!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Make sure you check the abs ring on the axle. My abs/tcs went out and it turned out that the ring was cracked due to rust. Fixed my problem.
Edit: Of course that was one of the front sensors. I don't know if the rear ones have the ring or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts