SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Hair tearing newbie here.:confused: My 9-5 1998 shows classic ACC code 1-14 (Air distribution motor loose). SAAB dealer says "motor needs to be replaced" - at enormous cost... Need to know what to do. Have dismantled glovebox etc but not sure which component I am looking at yet - lots of connectors and plastic visible and Haynes says "remove the unit by disconnecting cables and unscrew". HELP. Any pictures (especially) or advice welcomed

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
This help you out?

Looks like your part number for a new motor is: 5172580
Should cost you somewhere near: $168.00 :eek:
$151.00 with free shipping from here .

Let's hope it's just loose... :confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for prompt reply and pic. Not too sure 'cos mine's a UK RH drive model and all the ACC stuff is on the LHS passenger side. Guess the part number's the same though.

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
johnfwellsathome said:
Thanks for prompt reply and pic. Not too sure 'cos mine's a UK RH drive model and all the ACC stuff is on the LHS passenger side. Guess the part number's the same though.
Yeah everything is just flipped around.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK - so after unspeakable Aussie gymnastics (I am 65) I found and unbolted the supposedly offending motor. When I tried to check out the ACC error codes I could hear the motor running nicely and making some small stepping noises - but the output shaft moved not a single hairs breadth. So - I am fairly convinced that it has shuffled off it's mortal coil - but in the gearbox part rather than the motor proper. QUESTION: If I buy a motor does it come as an integral part with the little gearbox? I would hate to buy the motor only when I need a new gearbox:evil: . The gearbox is about half an inch thick with the four mounting holes and the motor is attached to it as an integral unit. Any ideas guys??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Magic Magic Magiccccc :D :D :D

Absolutely bang on the button. Gear projected almost 10mm. Tapped it back - reassembled. Bingo! All working - no ACC codes and the windscreen now demists at long last. Many many thanks!!

John Wells

·
Registered
1 Posts
'01 9-5 air-diverter, fixed!

Thanks so much for the above fix - no parts required!

I took my dash off (very easy),
found & removed the motor (very easy),
and pushed the shaft back in (very easy).
Re-installed, I now have a window defroster and warm toes!

Thanks again for the detailed help...
jfenollo

1 - 9 of 9 Posts