SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 9-5 Aero wagon. The previous owner did a stereo upgrade of which I'll be removing some. (I need the back for stuff, not subs.) In any case the install has the deck (Pioneer) only turning on with the ignition on and the key in ignition alarm always sounds when the door is open regardless of key in or out. Also the cylinder doesn't seem to pop up like other 9-5's do.

I tried looking at the wiring diagram but its pretty inscrutable for this type of troubleshooting.I suspect the two issues are related. Does anyone have experience with this?.

·
Registered
880 Posts
If the cylinder doesn’t pop up the ignition switch buried below it will not be turning everything off like it should. I don’t know how that would specifically affect your alarm and audio issues but the potential is there. Hopefully the cylinder spring-up problem is topside i.e. in the cylinder/barrel/lock, and not the switch itself, which is rather more difficult to get to. Extract the cylinder for a cleaning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll study the diagrams and see if I can check that out. That makes a lot of sense. I tried some lubrication etc with no success.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Alarm as in theft alarm or key in door alarm?

Key in door alarm and the radio staying on are ignition not turning all the way off, jiggle it and squirt in some contact cleaner, it's not a fix but it might help narrow things down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts