SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Today in responce of seeking for a SAAB, I was told by an experienced mechanic, that model 9-5 makes 06-09 can all of a sudden by fault in electronics stop on a highway and can not be started again and has to be towed away, then all of a sudden they can be started again.

I have heard smth like this before, can drivers confirm this ?

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
The search function is your friend.

I searched a couple of forums and nothing stood out.

Should you be listening to hersay from your mechanic?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a search:

Water leak: Water may leak into the driver's side kick panel shorting out the acceleration position sensor resulting in lack of power and illumination of the check engine light. (2005-08)

What is kick panel ?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
I wouldn't use that experienced mechanic to work on my Saab. :lol::lol::lol:
Hi,

Today in responce of seeking for a SAAB, I was told by an experienced mechanic, that model 9-5 makes 06-09 can all of a sudden by fault in electronics stop on a highway and can not be started again and has to be towed away, then all of a sudden they can be started again.

I have heard smth like this before, can drivers confirm this ?

·
Registered
609 Posts
My '08 9-5 has not had any problems at all in 60,0000 miles. The problem your mechanic mentions is known to happen to Saab, and is often a bad DIC (dielectric ignition cassette). Read the FAQ section for a list of common problems and solutions.

·
Registered
869 Posts
The non-maintenance related issues I've had with my '08 9-5 in 15 months is a new battery installed by the dealer when I bought the car, passenger side headlight assy replaced under warranty by Saab dealer (due to an inop HID high/low beam flapper), a failed front axle sensor for the headlight leveling system replaced under warranty by Saab dealer, and a winking and blinking driver's side headlight that self-corrected once the front axle sensor was replaced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts