SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i've got a buddy with one of these lovely cars. premium model, with rain sensor.

has anyone found a confirmed fitting windshield glass?

before anyone suggests it, my research shows the Cadillac srx glass will NOT fit. lol

·
Registered
500 Posts
I had one installed by Safelite about 4 months ago. Check with theSaabSite.com (Orio - the parts division of Saab that got split off, and still survives), they had ~9 in stock when I got mine done.

If they don't have any available give them a call, they'll arrange to have more made by the supplier.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any possible way you can get me a part number from anything? You called orio directly, correct?

·
Super Moderator
1,454 Posts
Is there any possible way you can get me a part number from anything? You called orio directly, correct?
Windshield is part number 22858467.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sorry about that. You can find the windshield on their website if you look under the windshield molding category. For some reason it doesn't show up anywhere I could find under glass.

Yes, you can call them directly. A lot of them are Saab people, so they tend to be very helpful.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Called them, talked to a lady named Becky. She said they had none almost immediately. Don't know how true that was with suck a quick response, but oh well...

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I suspect Safelite, Gerber or Harmon or a similar auto glass outfit, up here in Canada, Speedy can get you a windshield quickly and relatively cheaply. I have gotten two for my 9-5 easily and they stopped making that car in 2008-9 or so.

Manufacturers oem hate auto glass replacements, and make it expensive as its prone to break and hard to ship. Autoglass suppliers fill the void.

https://askwonder.com/q/for-the-us-windshield-replacement-market-who-are-the-top-10-leading-windshield-installers-can-you-56ccc8fa99f2b91a0040845e

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried em. Lol. We are talking a 500 us model production (five hundred, yes, no typo) versus the 9-5 of plenty thousands 🙂

·
Registered
500 Posts
Any feedback from Saab on if they are getting more?

You might check with Safelite actually. You never know if they might have stashed one away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts