Here's a few shots of the 9-4X from NAIAS in Detrot:

Da Man

Remember the Aero-X jet engine turbine wheels ? :D

The rest of Swade's Most Excellent Adventure can be read here

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
$50k SUV?

Just looking at the concept and the interior textures and whatnot, I have to think that topline models of the 9-4 are going to be in the $50k range.

That's really of no interest to me.

Where's the 9-1 with 300hp Biopower? That's more my interest.

Hell, a 9-3x with 300 hp Biopower would be more interesting!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Apologies if I missed this somewhere, but has Saab indicated when a production-ready version of this vehicle is supposed to be available in dealerships?

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
saabfan said:
Apologies if I missed this somewhere, but has Saab indicated when a production-ready version of this vehicle is supposed to be available in dealerships?
Best guess is first quarter 2009, but who knows, could be as early as Q4 2008 but I personally doubt it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Good work Swade

Hey great job Swade for keeping us up to date on new the 9-4X.

My major consern at the moment is fuel costs. GM has to be worried that higher fuel prices will keep people away from vehicles like this. Where is the plug in hybrid that we desperatly need? I overherd that fuel is likly to cost $3.95 a gallon this summer, coming from the Wall Street Journal, thats barring any hurricanes in the refinary belt. I don't see to many SUV-Crossovers selling with fuel prices that high.

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
saabboy1 said:
Hey great job Swade for keeping us up to date on new the 9-4X.

My major consern at the moment is fuel costs. GM has to be worried that higher fuel prices will keep people away from vehicles like this. Where is the plug in hybrid that we desperatly need? I overherd that fuel is likly to cost $3.95 a gallon this summer, coming from the Wall Street Journal, thats barring any hurricanes in the refinary belt. I don't see to many SUV-Crossovers selling with fuel prices that high.

Bio-power.

Most new vehicles will be multi-fuel capable and will be able to run anything from 100 percent gasoline to E85

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Saab hybrids

You know, the best thing about GM parts sharing might be that anything engineered for the Malibu can be dropped into the 9-3 with very little additional engineering.

In 2006 Saab showed a 9-3 convertible concept car with the GM corporate "2 mode" hybrid transmission and Biopower. This is the same transmission that is going into the v2.0 Saturn Vue hybrid.

Since the 9-4x is a Vue underneath, a Biopower 9-4X hybrid is a real possibility.

Of course, I have to editorialize that even at $3.95, you'd be a fool to pay $6000 extra for a hybrid. The return on investment is never!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts