SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have an '04 9-3 with the upgraded stereo and the AUX port in the console. I think the sound is pretty weak and would like more highs in my face and maybe a little more mid-range out of my speakers. Before I had a 4Runner with just an Alpine deck and some JBL 6.5" components up front and it sounded way better than the 9-3.

My questions are:

- Will just replacing the front door speakers with some adjustible 6.5" make it sound more like my 4Runner did??

- How do aftermarket speakers sound with the factory deck? Isn't an aftermarket deck more inportant??

Thanks for any advice :D

·
Registered
2,716 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
There's a lot of info on various threads....the consensus upgrade seems to be Infinity 62.7i for the door speakers and Boston acoustics S35 for the dash. I just received both sets today and will be installing today/tomorrow. As far as upgrading the rear its a bit more complicated since we only have pitiful 4" speakers in the rear. However you can't just drop nice 6x9 in the slot since the low signal is filtered out (see other threads for more detail). I'll give you my input tomorrow.

·
Registered
650 Posts
infiniti's and boston acoustic speakers seem to be pretty popular (just reiterating what anvitrue said), but most people seem satisfied with the factory head unit. I plan on doing the same. The rear deck speakers are the weak point that I would like to deal with, as well as adding 6x9" in the rear deck with another amp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts