SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I haven't been to this forum yet but don't shoot! I am unarmed and come in peace. :)

A good friend of mine is shopping for a new car after his much loved Passat had its life ended by an SUV (Boston drivers :evil: ). One of the cars on his list is the SS which I think is a solid choice considering its crash test results and that he likes turbos. The problem is that he isn't very confident in the SS'es reliability.

Could you guys please list known problems with this car so when he pays the dealer a visit, he can ask some tough questions about how SAAB has resolved them?

·
Registered
497 Posts
There used to be a sticky with problems from the different years. I guess it couldn't hold on any longer. I'm sure if you do a search it will pop up. I have heard less problems on the later models. I have only had little things with mine. Most of that was trying to get the computer set up the way I wanted. If you find the right dealer, it goes a lot easier. Hardware wise, it is a great car. Just have them take care of the seat belt and brake check valve recalls before taking delivery.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
The car is great but after about 11K miles my '04 Aero sounds like the driver's door is about to fly apart it rattles so badly, probably because it's the one that gets used the most and things have loosened up quite a bit. Other manufacturers are able to produce cars that don't loosen up, at least not after only 11K miles.

Other than that I love the car. Looks great, drives great, excellent hwy cruiser and good economy and also safe. I will probably try some of the DIY fixes for rattles this weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts