SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I am almost done with my 900 ng cabrio technical part and now I want turn to custom visual modifications. I was thinking about viggen bumpers but then figured out that they are really rare and expensive. Also I found out that I need pretty a lot of work to fit them on ‘not Viggen’ SAAB. So I thought maybe 9-3 ng bumpers could be better option. They are cheaper, a lot of everywhere on sale and looks more modern. But I am not sure whether is it a way more complicated to fit them on 900 ng than Viggen ones? And also is it possible? If anyone did it, maybe you have pictures? I really want to see if someone tried this modification!

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
The 9-3SS and OG9-3 are completely different cars. You're talking about a lot of body work and probably a lot of wiring, too.

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
There's actually not a lot of work required to fit a Viggen bumper on a NG900 or 9-3. It's really a direct fit, but there are just a few extra bits and pieces that need to be sourced if you truly want it to be complete, like the fender liner extensions, fog light bracket extension blocks, and the unique underbody air/splash shields, which to be honest seem to be missing on an awful lot of Viggens these days. You can easily spot the ones with missing underbody panels because you can see daylight or the ground through the grille in the bumper. The trick is finding a good Viggen bumper or paying through the nose for a new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts