SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been seeing many more 93 ss around. Not enough that they have become cookie cutter like the A4, TL, and 3 series, but enough to see that they are appreciated.
BUT I can say that I have not ever seen a 92x anywhere but on the showroom floor.
Has anyone actually seen one on the road:confused:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
The last time I had my 93 in the shop, I asked the service manager the same question, to which he responded "Well, they make great loaner cars, we have so damn many of them left here on the lot"

·
Registered
846 Posts
No 9-2x on the roads that I have seen.

And also seeing more 93's out there. In fact, my co-worker took the loaner Linear I got the other day out for a drive - he placed an order the very next day, and so did his mother! (just by going off the word of mouth from her son)

They never really thought about going with Saab before. 2 new converts! The cult is spreading! :cheesy:

·
Registered
609 Posts
There's a guy that works a food delivery guy around where I live with a 9-2X Aero. It's silver. Only one I've ever seen on the road.

Two people on my street have recently purchased/ leased '05 SS Linears. One Silver, One Graphite Green. And there is someone around the corner that has a Linear Launch Package. That makes four of us whithin a block. All the others have to park theirs on the street :(. With all the apartments in the area, it's hard to tell who owns what, so we've never met.

Although someone that works at Whole Foods (or is always there?) has a black Aero that makes me drool everytime I drive past. So I see a few everytime I go out.

·
Super Moderator
20,240 Posts
I have never seen the 9-2x in person yet.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I saw two while in SLC, Utah and at Snowbird while on last winter's snowboarding trip. Then again you see Subarus EVERYWHERE around SLC and the resorts because they do get heavy snowfall and so there might be more incentive to opt for the same functionality with a different look.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've seen a handfull or so of them around the Boston area. I think Saab definitely improved the looks, but I don't like cars with no low end torque.

·
Registered
442 Posts
9-3 is quite a common scene. I always see a 9-3SC Aero, SS Linear Launch Pkg and Arc in my 3km radius. Although they are not as popular as A4 and 3-Series, they are the most popular Saabs in my area. As for 9-2X, I have only seen 1 red Aero. All other 9-2Xs are all loaners.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ive never seen another 9-2x on the road...
Its kinda cool to have the only one around....
The few...the proud....the 9-2x :)

Cheers,

A

·
0 Posts
I've seen about 5 9-2xs. Two in Santa Barbara, three in LA. It took me a while to see any, but I think they're becoming popular in some places, especially in places that lack Subaru dealers.
The 9-3s, on the other hand, are flooding LA and SB. I see at least 1 per day, and I know someone who has one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Energy_AZ said:
No 9-2x on the roads that I have seen.

And also seeing more 93's out there. In fact, my co-worker took the loaner Linear I got the other day out for a drive - he placed an order the very next day, and so did his mother! (just by going off the word of mouth from her son)

They never really thought about going with Saab before. 2 new converts! The cult is spreading! :cheesy:
Just to add to that...

I just bought my 9-2x Aero 2 weeks ago and am loving it...I know its not really a "Saab" but its a nice little car and the price right now is a bargain.
Not to knock "real" Saabs but I never would have considered any other model,(and I work at a Saab dealer) I personally dont like front wheel drive and wouldnt spend the $$$ for a 9-3 or 9-5 unless it had RWD or AWD.
I am not saying they arent nice cars, just not my cup of tea. So for Saab to come out with a different type of car may convert people and lead them up the Saab model line-up to become "Saab people"...
Too bad they havent sold many 9-2's.
Cheers,

·
Registered
88 Posts
apzer09 said:
I've seen about 5 9-2xs. Two in Santa Barbara, three in LA. It took me a while to see any, but I think they're becoming popular in some places, especially in places that lack Subaru dealers.
The 9-3s, on the other hand, are flooding LA and SB. I see at least 1 per day, and I know someone who has one.
I sent you mail

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
I've seen a few 9-2's running around, but far more 9-3ss and 9-5. Come to think of it, those 9-2's may have been loaners. :( I was talking with the guy at the parts counter and he said they sell more Elises (my saab dealer also sells lotus') than they do 9-2X. That might not sound odd to the British users, but here in America the Elise is a pricey son of a gun, more than a 9-5 Aero. Actually, now that I think about it, it probably costs the same relative to the 9-5. Oh well, the point I was trying to make was that they selling more impractical sports cars than 9-2's, which is never good.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Chicago is Saab heaven

I like in the Bucktown neigborhood of Chicago - and I could probably, no exaggeration, count about 20-30 Saabs per day. The 9-3, 900, and 9-5 is a pretty popular car on Chicago's North Side. Not only does it have the yuppie cachet, but we happen to have 10 Saab dealerships within about 75 miles. I usually see at least 10 in my parking garage downtown alone. Saw another nocture arc today with the same interior :(

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I've seen exactly one 9-2X around here in the west side of LA, where everyone has to have the latest hot thing. Right now the hot ticket is the new Benz SLK. I see them everywhere. Santa Monica, however, seems to be a haven for the 9-3SS. I easily see more of them around here than any other city/suburb around LA.

·
Registered
297 Posts
CT-NY area

The first 9-2x i saw was actually an administrator at my school who had it. I could see it in her eyes when i was registering for classes that she despised me for having a 9-3. LOL
I love seeing 9-3's on the road, too bad it's not like in the first year back in '03 where I'd get friendly waves and people tryna race me and what not on i-95. I think the newness has finally wore off. It's a shame. My current goal is to get a lime colored vert, i think that's the best car on the road right now period.

·
Registered
635 Posts
the 9-3 is flooding LA...relatively cheaper than the bmw/c class...practically same **** (ok fine, the new bmws are nicer...but only slightly imo)

ive seen at least 2 no-platers every day in the last 2 weeks...I've also seen at least 10 white ones...(i have polar white and thus tend to notice them) in the last week where as from September to at least March, I didn't see 1...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts