SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I turn it off? I had it set to "0", but the light still starts up with the car.. is there anyway I can turn the light off and turn it on whenever I want to instead of light being always on?? thanks

·
Registered
679 Posts
You can't! Well sort of, first you have DRL, Driving Running Lights (?) set to on on your car (as mine is and most of our 9-3's) so as long as your car is on the lights are on, some kind of safety thing like Canada. Anyway, if you really want them off you can (sort of), you need to have your dealer (or some Saab dealer) connect to your car and access the Tech II settings and set the DRL's to off (you can't do this yourself, yet!). At the moment if you have DRL set your light button/knob does pretty much nothing as the lights will always be on.

There's plenty of threads on the why's and why not's of having them on or off, not to mention the legal or un-legal aspects of setting DRL's to off or if they (dealers) will allow you to set them to off. Cool dealers will set pertty much any Tech II setting to on/off, some charge you some fee for this some don't (mine does them for free).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JAR said:
You can't! Well sort of, first you have DRL, Driving Running Lights (?) set to on on your car (as mine is and most of our 9-3's) so as long as your car is on the lights are on, some kind of safety thing like Canada. Anyway, if you really want them off you can (sort of), you need to have your dealer (or some Saab dealer) connect to your car and access the Tech II settings and set the DRL's to off (you can't do this yourself, yet!). At the moment if you have DRL set your light button/knob does pretty much nothing as the lights will always be on.

There's plenty of threads on the why's and why not's of having them on or off, not to mention the legal or un-legal aspects of setting DRL's to off or if they (dealers) will allow you to set them to off. Cool dealers will set pertty much any Tech II setting to on/off, some charge you some fee for this some don't (mine does them for free).

Hope this helps.
thanks alot.. yeah, I was looking at the light knob and was wondering what it's there for... since it does nothing..:confused:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
flytojungho said:
thanks alot.. yeah, I was looking at the light knob and was wondering what it's there for... since it does nothing..:confused:

yeah, like the micro switch on the trunk....USELESS.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Install that switch, but leave of two plastic pegs on the passenger carpet. Go figure.

Granted, in europe the headlamp switch might get used, but why not insert a blanking panel there for the US bound cars? That switch is probably $45, yet the plastic mat pegs were what, $1?

Somebody (GM!) is so busy watching pennies that they are missing the dollars.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
voodoochile said:
Install that switch, but leave of two plastic pegs on the passenger carpet. Go figure.

Granted, in europe the headlamp switch might get used, but why not insert a blanking panel there for the US bound cars? That switch is probably $45, yet the plastic mat pegs were what, $1?

Somebody (GM!) is so busy watching pennies that they are missing the dollars.
I use the headlight switch with the DRL's disabled....I am glad we at least have that option.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
voodoochile said:

No one is sure why some 2004 9-3's had no passenger floormat pegs in them. In 2005 they mysteriously reappeared.

As for DRL's, some countries in Europe require them, some do not. Most of the Nordic countries mandate DRL's and there is a push on to make them mandatory throughout the European Union.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
one more question... I also have another tread about this but no one seems to answer in there.. since my xenons turn on, off and back on during starting sequence, is it bad for the bulb and ballast? I know that it's not a good idea to turn on your hids,off and back on really fast because of the quick current drop.. is this a problem with saabs?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Rob in Atlanta said:
No one is sure why some 2004 9-3's had no passenger floormat pegs in them. In 2005 they mysteriously reappeared.
I hate not having the passanger floormat pegs. Does anyone know how they are attached and if they can be installed? I noticed a 2005 at the dealer with them, and the mats have the holes, my passanger mat does not even have the hole. Does anyone know what I can do? My mat keeps moving and getting stuck under the underside of the dash.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts