SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
im replacing my transmission in my 1996 900 and iv found a transmission from a 1999 93 but my problem is i dont want to upgrade my cable clutch to hydraulic (just dont have the time right now) am i able to switch the 93s clutch mechanism so that it will adapt to the cable clutch system? So im pretty sure this will work but also cruious if the clutch pressure plate will be the same for the ng900 trans and the 93 trans

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Yep, same transmission -- the mechanical clutch release system from the 900 will fit right into the later 9-3 transmission.

Pretty sure the gear ratios are slightly different and on the last of the 9-3's the transmission was changed fairly significantly but the '99 9-3 box you've found should be a direct fit into your 900.

·
Registered
222 Posts
If you want a spare engine both use the t5 that easy swap. Most of the differences were tweaks interior, suspension, and a couple external parts, but most of the drivetrain is completely identical. I still want to see that list of 1500 changes they said they made. "Changed 13mm bolt to T25 bolt" is what I expect to see about 3/4 thru the list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts