SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know if the throttle body in the 99 year model 9-3 is electronic "drive by wire" or a linkage cable system?
Thanks

·
Registered
713 Posts
9-3sleeper said:
If you don't mind me asking, why do you want to make the switch?
just a thought on his old post, he has knee problems and what not, hard for him to depress the pedal.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah arthritic right knee, kills me after even 5 minutes of driving. I need a much softer throttle pedal and I love my 9-3 and don't want to be defeated by a stupid stiff gas pedal. I need something more fragile and softer where I can control throttle inputs with a feather light foot pressure.

·
Registered
713 Posts
you might be able to custon do a dbw system, find another gm vehicle with d.b.w and make some custom brackets and wiring. i know audi tt has dbw my friend has one, maby you could get that tb to work?? just a thought
Tyler

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
goorackerelite said:
yeah arthritic right knee, kills me after even 5 minutes of driving. I need a much softer throttle pedal and I love my 9-3 and don't want to be defeated by a stupid stiff gas pedal. I need something more fragile and softer where I can control throttle inputs with a feather light foot pressure.
Oh, I remember know, did you give up on loosening the spring? Maybe ask the dealer if they can do something. My electronic throttle isn't that hard to push down, but then again I don't have arthritis, I'm not sure if they will be very different.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, the spring is fine. When the car is turned off the tension of the pedal is where I'd like it to be. but when the car is on, I think there is a hydraulic or vaccum system that makes the gas pedal pressure stiffer. I would like some resources on how to install a D.B.W system into my car. I'll talk to my mechanic later today and see what he thinks about it.

Cheers!!
Minyan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts