SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Linear could benefit from some more power as I've already upgraded suspension with Bilstein B6 shocks & struts.
Has anybody converted a Linear to the big turbo? At this point, I'd like to know which parts of the induction system are compatible and what parts I'd need to upgrade power to minimum of the 210hp motor. Also any other tuning requirements for the 2.0t in order to make it a successful conversion without compromising the car's driveability. The car has 195,000 km's (about 117,000 miles) and the balance of the drivetrain is original with 5-spd manual. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Upgrading the garret turbo in your car to the Mitsubishi TD04 that is found in the "Big T" version of the newer 9-3s requires new oil lines and fittings to be installed and run.

·
Registered
641 Posts
My 2004 Linear could benefit from some more power as I've already upgraded suspension with Bilstein B6 shocks & struts.
Has anybody converted a Linear to the big turbo? At this point, I'd like to know which parts of the induction system are compatible and what parts I'd need to upgrade power to minimum of the 210hp motor. Also any other tuning requirements for the 2.0t in order to make it a successful conversion without compromising the car's driveability. The car has 195,000 km's (about 117,000 miles) and the balance of the drivetrain is original with 5-spd manual. Thanks.:)
A stage 1 map without any hardware upgrade could get you to ~ 210hp-215hp. If you upgrade your turbo charger to the TD04-14t. You would need the water and oil line kit and B207R (aero) injectors together with the wiring harness. You can push it to ~ 240hp-250hp. This hardware upgrade needs to be accompanied with a remap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts