SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 9-3 that when rolling to a stop while in gear will shutter or stumble like the clutch was not pressed in.

When the above happens, the car acts as if it is going to stall.

The car runs very well in all other situations and is a manual transmission, not an automatic.

BTW, I checked the brake/clutch fluid and it was at the full mark and looked good....

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Is this another throttle body problem ?

This car is now 5 years of age with 90K miles or so...:cheesy:Is it too soon for new vacuum lines ??

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
It could also be the hydraulic clutch slave unit gone bad
Is there a check engine light? Did you check the vacuum hoses? They tend to get dry and crack with time. Those are cheap and easy to replace ($1.25 a foot for the silicone hose and $0.99 for the regular hose).

·
Registered
980 Posts
Just to clarify, does it behave differently in you roll to a stop in neutral? If so, then a clutch issue as hkayssi suggests is likely the cause.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hkayssi said:
It could also be the hydraulic clutch slave unit gone bad
Is there a check engine light? Did you check the vacuum hoses? They tend to get dry and crack with time. Those are cheap and easy to replace ($1.25 a foot for the silicone hose and $0.99 for the regular hose).
The "check engine" light has not come on and I have not checked the hose yet... This might sound stupid but is the vacuum hose you are speaking about the one connected to the brake booster? The reason I ask is because the fluid used for both the clutch and brakes....

If not, I will have to check the engine again to find out what you are referring to...

Thanks everyone for your assistance... I will check what everyone is suggesting and let you know ASAP what I find out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cadcamjim said:
Just to clarify, does it behave differently in you roll to a stop in neutral? If so, then a clutch issue as hkayssi suggests is likely the cause.
The car does not stumble at all when rolling to a stop in neutral. Because of this, I was thinking that something is causing the clutch to not be fully disengaged when pressed.

Take care and thanks...

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
In that case, Hkayssi may well have found the problem.

Apparently the clutch operation is hanging a little - rather unusual I think. Its self adjuster is not working well or the clutch is worn out - again, not yet likely..

The brake master cylinder booster chamber uses a hard plastic large vacuum line, 10 mm ??
The others (4 or 5) use 3.5 mm rubber line - this deteriorates over time.

·
Registered
7,876 Posts
earthworm said:
In that case, Hkayssi may well have found the problem.

Apparently the clutch operation is hanging a little - rather unusual I think. Its self adjuster is not working well or the clutch is worn out - again, not yet likely..

The brake master cylinder booster chamber uses a hard plastic large vacuum line, 10 mm ??
The others (4 or 5) use 3.5 mm rubber line - this deteriorates over time.
Don't say that to Raggy :cheesy:

·
Registered
727 Posts
bbbld said:
I have a 2002 9-3 that when rolling to a stop while in gear will shutter or stumble like the clutch was not pressed in.
Another possibility is a bad throwout (a.k.a. release) bearing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts