SaabCentral Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,357 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Eurostyle, I imagine that the metallurgy in trying to get a piece of stock to behave amid the added constraints of space (with the 2.8 motor, provided a few challenges. If the material is too stiff and just sits as a rigid "I beam" and does not allow proper flex it probably weakens the towers over time not to mention a jarring ride. Too soft and it will be like an aluminum noodle and just "look awesome" because it seems that scores points in some camps.
It's not so much about metallurgy as it is design....here is what other large companies do for VW/Audi......notice instead of welding the bar where it angles, they used bent piping and then limit the welds to attaching the end plates that sit on the shock towers, or the connecting of extra pipes. If the central bar is not rigid enough, then triangulation can be used to add strength and account for more then one dimension of movement.

Sean

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Want one, matt black.
I'll have someone pick it up...
Where, when, how, what???
Thanks!
You live in Dubai?! I will hand deliver one to you ;ol; Always wanted to go there

hey as soon as you have the wing done i'll drive down and pick that up with the strut brace i like that one more then mine!!! ;ol;
Sounds good!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
What parts are you manufacturing...???

You live in Dubai?! I will hand deliver one to you ;ol; Always wanted to go there
Well, been here over 10 years now. A lot of change, a lot of bling, little history, little green, ok for family and kids... Probably ok to visit for few days, maybe on transit going somewhere else... A few american colleagues say it resembles AZ, NM....

Shuizzy, can you specify all parts that you intend to have manufactured? Seems now to be bars, pipes and spoilers?

Cheers! ;ol;

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Well, been here over 10 years now. A lot of change, a lot of bling, little history, little green, ok for family and kids... Probably ok to visit for few days, maybe on transit going somewhere else... A few american colleagues say it resembles AZ, NM....

Shuizzy, can you specify all parts that you intend to have manufactured? Seems now to be bars, pipes and spoilers?

Cheers! ;ol;
Hey sorry i didn't answer sooner I just saw this! But I have an X brace for the rear in the works, the Hirsch replica, tower bar, and aluminum piping to fit the stock 2.8t intake that will place the filter in the wheel well

Know of any other Saab enthusiasts in Dubai? Could get a group buy and I could make a vacation out of it!;ol;

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Hi there.
The cool thing is that while I see some Saabs here, I see many more Porsches, too many beamers, I'd say maybe even more bentleys on the roads than Saabs. Bling bling.... I see it as Saab is very unique and exclusive!

I know from my garage that there are a few ( maybe 5-10) Saab nuts here but I'm the only one with a keen interest in the 9-3 2.8t / TurboX.

Still, if you ever coming this way, pm me and I'll give you a ride around town!

Keep us posted on your hardware, I'm getting at least a front strut brace...

Cheers!;ol;

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am on stock suspension and while it may not be as significant as my yellows and lowering springs on my old 9-3, it is most definitely noticeable. The steering feels tighter, and the car feels better around turns as well.

So the price is going to be $120 + shipping, I am trying to figure out the cheapest way to ship, might be USPS.

The anodized, or special colors will be $130 + shipping!

Also the material is stainless steel!
Hey-o, resurrecting the thread. You still selling these strut tower braces? Could use one for my 2.8T.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
While it may be a little pricey the Genuine SAAB one that I got with the aluminum coolant tank not only upgraded the handling it solved the cracking coolant tank problem. Very happy with it, about 4 years now

41 - 59 of 59 Posts